RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
gibster

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade experience

itGeeks

gibster, I know it's hard to let old friends go so I want to try and help you out. Disclaimer: I have not tried this myself so make sure you have a backup/clone of your system including making a 'restore point' though I believe you will be fine as the info I am about to provide comes from a reputable source - How-To Geek. There seems to be a way to install 'Media Center' on Windows 10 though unsupported by Microsoft,  Have a look at this and let us know how it goes please http://www.howtogeek.com/258695/how-to-install-windows-media-center-on-windows-10/

Sorry I just remembered (getting old I guess) I did try installing WMC on Windows 10 a while back and it did work however I had noway to test guide data because I did not have a tuner card or network tuner. I have a post about it somewhere on here but I can't find it.

Edited by itGeeks

gibster

Sorry I just remembered (getting old I guess) I did try installing WMC on Windows 10 a while back and it did work however I had noway to test guide data because I did not have a tuner card or network tuner. I have a post about it somewhere on here but I can't find it.

It's no real issue except on my wife's computer. The Dell has a built in TV tuner, so will eventually get around to looking at that for it.

I've still got my home built media center pc running 7 Pro with a quad tuner in it. Works like a champ. Just wonder when guide data is going to disappear for it though. 

Cheers

itGeeks

It's no real issue except on my wife's computer. The Dell has a built in TV tuner, so will eventually get around to looking at that for it.

I've still got my home built media center pc running 7 Pro with a quad tuner in it. Works like a champ. Just wonder when guide data is going to disappear for it though. 

Cheers

Your guess is as good as mine, As we all know WMC is not supported anymore so when ever Microsoft decides to pull the plug I guess. Try the link I provided to install WMC on Windows 10 and see how it works for you. As I said I was able to install WMC on Windows 10 and everything seemed to work but I had no way to check guide data. Please report your findings after testing.