RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

eero setup recommendations

t2clej

Thanks for that. EERO support responded back to me that they don't (yet) support DMZ. Amazing.

I think they mean you can't DMZ from the eero router.  Not that you can't DMZ to an eero.  The DMZ would be set-up by the first router in line to allow the second router in line to access all ports freely.  

I think they mean you can't DMZ from the eero router.  Not that you can't DMZ to an eero.  The DMZ would be set-up by the first router in line to allow the second router in line to access all ports freely.  

That makes sense since you're setup clearly defies that.

Explain to me your set-up.  Do you also have a modem?  Or is your first in line router also doing modem work?  And what modem / router mfg and part numbers do you have?

jomobco,

Sorry for delay - was out of town for several days. I have sent you email.

jomobco,

Sorry for delay - was out of town for several days. I have sent you email.

Our preference is you post your questions here in the forums so that others may also learn and be able to help.  That way one person doesn't end up serving at tech support (which does seem to happen from time to time).

Our preference is you post your questions here in the forums so that others may also learn and be able to help.  That way one person doesn't end up serving at tech support (which does seem to happen from time to time).

Noted - jomobco had asked me specific question on my setup so I replied directly.

Basically he's got two ISP lines coming in.  One he pays for bandwidth on which also happens to be faster.  The slower line fixed rate line requires a modem which he has.  He has been running the slower network on one floor and the faster network on another floor with distinct SSID's.  

I suggested moden -> eero on the slower network (the one he uses the most).  Run DHCP off eero.  Second network would stay as is.