RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma - First update slated for July 26 2016

itGeeks

Is anyone surprise they missed their self imposed deadline?

I hate to say it, but I expected this. This company has lied again and again. They are dead to me.

Meanwhile, my eeros have been working perfectly.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• cskenney

• MNSearcher

• awraynor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are not quite sure what day exactly, but it should be soon.   The check is in the mail along with your pre-order...   Sorry, I couldn't resist.  However, these guys are long on promise and shor

They are consistent on their communications. Consistently inaccurate.

Maybe I'll hold of returning this piece of #@$#$     I ordered in early March....Amazon has not date for delivery, but that is another sore topic.   I work IT support in my daily job, I have 2 HD ho

nitecourt

Mine was delivered on the 3rd.  I boxed it back up after seeing all the limitations and put my old SkyDog back in place.  Then yesterday I thought,  I've got 30 days to get it back to them.  I unboxed them to plug them back in.  Had to figure out which was the "1st" one I setup yesterday.  Damn things all look the same and the app only lists the IP of unit, not the MAC.  Put the two I setup on the 3rd back up and running.  I pulled the last one out to setup.  Setup failed.  Called support.  Apparently it is defective and they are sending a replacement.  I asked the guy about the port forwarding update.  He said by the end of next week. We'll see if it appears before I RMA within the 30 days return.

Was also in a Best Buy last night.  Had them in stock on the shelf next to eero.

itGeeks

Mine was delivered on the 3rd.  I boxed it back up after seeing all the limitations and put my old SkyDog back in place.  Then yesterday I thought,  I've got 30 days to get it back to them.  I unboxed them to plug them back in.  Had to figure out which was the "1st" one I setup yesterday.  Damn things all look the same and the app only lists the IP of unit, not the MAC.  Put the two I setup on the 3rd back up and running.  I pulled the last one out to setup.  Setup failed.  Called support.  Apparently it is defective and they are sending a replacement.  I asked the guy about the port forwarding update.  He said by the end of next week. We'll see if it appears before I RMA within the 30 days return.

Was also in a Best Buy last night.  Had them in stock on the shelf next to eero.

The dates for this much needed update is a big joke at best, Don't get to excited about it as they have missed every single date known to man kind. Can you tell I am at the end of the road with Luma? Going to take a really hard look at AmpliFi next and although it does not have parental controls one could pair it with Disney Circle and have a great solution for 100.00 less then the Luma 3 pack. Get ready to see AmpliFi on store shelves rite next to Eero/Luma, Interesting times indeed and unlike Eero/Luma AmpliFi does not come from a startup company.

Edited by itGeeks
  • Like 1
awraynor

The dates for this much needed update is a big joke at best, Don't get to excited about it as they have missed every single date known to man kind. Can you tell I am at the end of the road with Luma? Going to take a really hard look at AmpliFi next and although it does not have parental controls one could pair it with Disney Circle and have a great solution for 100.00 less then the Luma 3 pack. Get ready to see AmpliFi on store shelves rite next to Eero/Luma, Interesting times indeed and unlike Eero/Luma AmpliFi does not come from a startup company.

Been looking at some reviews of Circle. They are mixed and wonder if there is a better alternative.

My Luma 3-pack is sitting right beside me. I've already received a refund so I didn't want to try it as much as I want to. 

itGeeks

Been looking at some reviews of Circle. They are mixed and wonder if there is a better alternative.

My Luma 3-pack is sitting right beside me. I've already received a refund so I didn't want to try it as much as I want to. 

Well since you still have them and you have tested Eero give it a shot and see what you think. You can still return them after a short test.

awraynor

Well since you still have them and you have tested Eero give it a shot and see what you think. You can still return them after a short test.

I probably will. Still disappointed in how things turned out. Was so hopeful for this product.

However with AmplifiHD and the D-Link products waiting in the wings probably no need to go further with them.

I've got circle so if you have any questions holler.