RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma - First update slated for July 26 2016

itGeeks

cskenney

Here's an update from tech support:

"According to our tier two technicians, the update to add port forwarding is still on track for being pushed out this week. We're not quite sure what day exactly, but it should be soon.

It should be coming as both an over-the-air firmware update to the Lumas and an application update. We have to add the functionality to the Lumas, and add the setting in the app."

We are not quite sure what day exactly, but it should be soon.

The check is in the mail along with your pre-order...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  However, these guys are long on promise and short on delivery.

• Like 2
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• cskenney

• MNSearcher

• awraynor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are not quite sure what day exactly, but it should be soon.   The check is in the mail along with your pre-order...   Sorry, I couldn't resist.  However, these guys are long on promise and shor

They are consistent on their communications. Consistently inaccurate.

Maybe I'll hold of returning this piece of #@$#$     I ordered in early March....Amazon has not date for delivery, but that is another sore topic.   I work IT support in my daily job, I have 2 HD ho

On Facebook posted an hour ago referring to port forwarding:

Luma Hi Dave! Port forwarding will be enabled in a software update in the next few weeks.

Edited by jomobco
itGeeks

On Facebook posted an hour ago referring to port forwarding:

Luma Hi Dave! Port forwarding will be enabled in a software update in the next few weeks.

Funny thing is I called Luma today about the update and they said no later then the end of month, Last time I checked that's less then a week.

Edited by itGeeks
awraynor

They are consistent on their communications. Consistently inaccurate.

There's an understatement.

cskenney

I have now seen Luma's Twitter account say updates will happen in the next month (posted 7/19). There are other posts that just say features are coming.

I also had an email with customer support asking if I wouldn't cancel my order if they could give me dates for the features I wanted to see that are missing. I told them that I have no trust in their dates or any promises they make.

• Like 1
itGeeks

I have now seen Luma's Twitter account say updates will happen in the next month (posted 7/19). There are other posts that just say features are coming.

I also had an email with customer support asking if I wouldn't cancel my order if they could give me dates for the features I wanted to see that are missing. I told them that I have no trust in their dates or any promises they make.

You beat me to the post. I called Luma this morning and about the July 26th update that passed and was told on the 26th it would be by the end of this week and now today I told another week or so for the update. This is just craziness, Its time to be loud and put the pressure on. Its amazing to me that everything with Luma depends on hew you talk to or where you read something and every answer to the same question is different. Please update us after Luma replys to your email, It will be interesting to see there response this time. Like you I have no more trust in what they say I now just want to see results. There game playing to get them past the limited 14 day return policy is old and fraudulent at best.

itGeeks

Got an email update today from Luma on the update-

Luma Support (Luma)
Aug 2, 4:40 PM EDT
The updates are slightly delayed and looks like it will be sometime this week.
I will update you when the firmware gets pushed.
Ed S.
Luma Technical Support
(800) 684-5862