I am using https://www.digi.com/products/networking/infrastructure-management/console-servers/digi-connect-it-16-48 (Digi Connect IT 16), and connecting by LAN to a Windows PC.
I need to add 2 connectors. Can I connect a serial device to a serial port in PC and see it as a COM port in the local PC?
Can Serial to Ethernet (https://www.serial-server.net/serial-device-server/serial-to-ethernet/) do this? How to configure it?
I have built a WHS 2011 server. All was well except my Win 10 PC would not back up to it. Installing the KB281721 hotfix was done on the server and part of the process was to reinstall the connector on the PC. I uninstalled from control panel. I then had a ton of problems connecting to WHS 2011 connect webpage. This turned out to be being blocked by the server windows firewall, which started working ok when I disabled the private firewall.
Now the connector web page comes up and initiates the install. Connect a computer wizard starts up and asks me for the server name or IP.
Neither work. Whether I enter the server name or the IP it says the server could not be located.
If I open the remote access web page from any device inside or outside LAN, I can connect to the server and carry out all you would expect. I can connect via RDP, I can ping the LAN IP, I can ping the FQDN and WAN IP.
The server is showing in Network and all shares are browse-able.
I installed the find my server wizard and that failed to find it even using the command line switch with the <servername>
So how do I get the server connector up and running.
I have added theses ports to the router
3389 disabled at the moment until I can secure it better
I found 3 copies of windows home server in the listed devices and have removed all of them.
I am at a loss as to what to do next. Hoping some experienced WHS 2011 server people know what to do next.......
Hello guys, i have a HP ProLiant ml350p g8 I had installed one gpu card rx580 strix and I had used one gpu frequency management call asus gpu tweakll, when I change gaming mode to silence mode my computer restart and I saw one red light on the motherboard, I fix the problem I had installed one old version of the asus tweakll, now the computer works well, but the red light still on, I used the software OCCT I checked psu memory gpu voltages run many testes and pass in all tests, I try to find in the manual what this red light is but I can't find, thanks for the help.
I'm new to the forums, and brand new to servers in general. I recently purchased a used T620 and hope to have win10 installed with a raid 6 array of 5 8TB drives expandable to 8 as required shortly. This machine will be the backbone of a network set up for our squadron for personal use (file sharing, media streaming, etc.). I've mulled over a lot of ideas on how to properly set up the network, but being so new to it all I'm afraid I've fallen short. Here are some of the ideas/requirements I'm hoping for:
1. NAS and file sharing
2. Controlling/limiting who is logged in, and how many instances of the same login can access the network simultaneously (trying to limit user name and password sharing)
3. Plex or Kodi media server with streaming
4. Gaming server for games like WoW or Minecraft
5. Continuous video recording (security cam for my state room)
6. Chat client
7. Console server for xBox, PS4, etc (probably as simple as a LAN thing but worth asking)
8. Accessing my NAS from the internet one home from deployment like a personal cloud
- For the NAS (1), I would really prefer to be in control of the file structure. Having a directory where others can drop files and folders, but the bulk of the file file structure would be read only for the users and I can place new content accordingly. Additionally, if each person could have their own small (20-50gb) amount of space for personal storage only they could access?
- Controlling user login - I will be providing most of the hardware, including the server, for the squadron so it would be great to recoup a little bit of that up front cost. My idea was to provide permanent access to the network for $20 (for a 7 month deployment). with an expected 50-70 users, it's not a lot but it can help cover a bit of a multi-thousand machine. To do so, I am interested in limiting each user to one login and it ca only be used one at a time. I know this won't prevent everyone from sharing but hopefully it will encourage individual use.
- Plex or Kodi would be a great feature to help with #2 on the list. Plex might get a bit resource intensive but it does look nicer than Kodi IMO.
- I like to play Minecraft and thought my friends might enjoy exploring a world together. This one shouldn't be too hard on Win10 to set up. Other games might be more of a challenge but again, just throwing out some possible ideas
- Personal security camera should also be pretty easy to set up on Win10
- A chat client would be great because our rooms will probably be pretty far away. Might just be a simple program? I really liked how NextCloud has it built right into their OS, but seeing as how I'm going to be using this as a personal machine as well as a server, I am trying to avoid running a dedicated OS for that reason.
-I believe the console server can be handled by the individual consoles. 2 or 3 xBox's on the same LAN should see each other without any other hardware?
-Once we return from deployment, I would like to be able to access my NAS like a cloud server.
The machine that I got is a professional grade server, but hopefully Windows 10 wiill be adequate and robust enough to handle these tasks however. I see advantages to using software like Synology DiskStation Manager, FreeNAS, or NextCloud, but none of these seem perfect for the job, and I still need a windows machine for deployment. Unfortunately, I also don't have the IT background or experience necessary to run a Windows Server 2008 for example, so relying on Windows 10 seems most logical to me.
I'm looking forward to your suggestions and help!
Thank you for your time.
As you may all know, in the last days where discovered 2 big security flaws on CPUs named Meltdown and Spectre (https://spectreattack.com/)
I have a HP Microserver N40L and after search the HP support site I did not find any information about how and if HP will release any patch or update to the N40L in order to fix this security issues.
Does anyone has any news or information about how HP is handling this?
Edit: Just found the HP page about this at: http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/securityalerts/SCAM/Side_Channel_Analysis_Method.html and I don't see any mention to HP microserver N40L