RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma - Amazon 25.00 Gift Card for agreeing to change color to white

itGeeks

awraynor

Well I just cancelled my 1/10/16 Luma 12 unit preorder.  I spent the last 20 minutes reading the comments from Luma customers on their FB page.  Luma simply ignores their base.  I simply don't trust them.  And with their software designed to be intrusive, I need to trust them with my data.  It appears to me they are in it for a short term play to flip the company.  They knew a long time ago there was only white yet no one found out until after the launch date passed.  I believe (just a guess) they jumped the Best Buy PO in front of the early adopter preorders who had prepaid and had a contract with Luma.  Communication is key to a relationship and this company is not good at communication.  

On another note I'm super happy with my eero set-up and Circle for the little one.  I've got a 9 unit and a 3 unit running side by side and it's humming along nicely!  Plus the app is super easy to flip between networks.  At least I was able to leverage eero to get a Luma like price.  Win/win in my book.  

Glad you're happy with them. I'm trying to not be stupid. I have one 3 pack from Luma and one from Amazon pending. Like you, Luma has done nothing but kill all the goodwill they started with.

Eero on the other hand has been very involved in social media, receiving tons of positive reviews and offering great discounts. 

Good for them.

These guys are idiots or calculating.  Not sure which...

Hi john,

Luma Surround WiFi is on its way to your home.

awraynor

Hi john,

At least you'll soon know performance. It better wow me or it's going right back. 

itGeeks

Hi john,

Luma order system seems completely broke, This would explain what happen with shipping FIFO.

itGeeks

At least you'll soon know performance. It better wow me or it's going right back. 

All I can say regarding performance is wifi has been rock solid and my internet speed has been better then what I pay for, I have FiOs 150/150 and my speed tests show 154 down and 160 up. I have not tested file transfer speeds because I don't have a computer/server wired at this point in my new place for testing. Would be great if someone else could test this.

Luma order system seems completely broke, This would explain what happen with shipping FIFO.

My guess is that they have some laying around for people cancelling.  My shipment wasn't supposed to happen for 6 more days minimum.  Now I have to deal with refusing the shipment or selling them on ebay (current pricing seems to be about $360/3 pack). 

itGeeks

My guess is that they have some laying around for people cancelling.  My shipment wasn't supposed to happen for 6 more days minimum.  Now I have to deal with refusing the shipment or selling them on ebay (current pricing seems to be about $360/3 pack). 

My comment was based in part off your post #10 " Well I just cancelled my 1/10/16 Luma 12 unit preorder" Then you said in post #12 that they shipped it anyway to spite the fact that you canceled. They also seem to be double shipping to some customers. :)

I have it stuck in my head that if I wouldn't have cancelled it wouldn't have shipped :) but since there's no proving that...