RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma - Amazon 25.00 Gift Card for agreeing to change color to white

itGeeks

itGeeks

Just got my two 25.00 Amazon gift cards from Luma for agreeing to change my color to white from silver, Anyone else get the 25.00 Amazon gift cards?

itGeeks

Got mine too...  I also cancelled right after :)

May I ask y you cancelled?

What are you using in place of Luma?

qtopplings

May I ask y you cancelled?

What are you using in place of Luma?

I posted about this in another thread.   I moved my existing R7000 to a central location in the house, and am now getting excellent coverage in all rooms.  So that negates the need for a solution like Luma.   And the R7000 has way better control of advanced settings....plus I have 99.9% uptime.   Will probably add Circle for the family restrictions at some point soon.   I'll continue to follow Luma/eero and see about Plume when it launches, and eventually might upgrade if needed.   But really, I don't need more than 120mb connection on wireless devices....that's more than enough to perform any task.  

itGeeks

I posted about this in another thread.   I moved my existing R7000 to a central location in the house, and am now getting excellent coverage in all rooms.  So that negates the need for a solution like Luma.   And the R7000 has way better control of advanced settings....plus I have 99.9% uptime.   Will probably add Circle for the family restrictions at some point soon.   I'll continue to follow Luma/eero and see about Plume when it launches, and eventually might upgrade if needed.   But really, I don't need more than 120mb connection on wireless devices....that's more than enough to perform any task.  

Thanks. I do remember now, I even posted a comment to you. :) I personally can't wait till the end of the month for the Luma update, That should hopefully give us some of what was promised,

itGeeks

I am oh so close to doing the same thing.

You know how many times I grabbed the Luma box and headed down the hall to the bedroom to pack it up? I have now decided to wait and at least wait for the first firmware update slated for end of July and see what we get. I know we should at least get port forwarding, bug fixes though I have to tell you Luma has been rock solid since day 1 and I get the full 150/150 internet speed, I have not tried testing file transfer performance yet but plan on doing so soon.

Edited by itGeeks

Well I just cancelled my 1/10/16 Luma 12 unit preorder.  I spent the last 20 minutes reading the comments from Luma customers on their FB page.  Luma simply ignores their base.  I simply don't trust them.  And with their software designed to be intrusive, I need to trust them with my data.  It appears to me they are in it for a short term play to flip the company.  They knew a long time ago there was only white yet no one found out until after the launch date passed.  I believe (just a guess) they jumped the Best Buy PO in front of the early adopter preorders who had prepaid and had a contract with Luma.  Communication is key to a relationship and this company is not good at communication.  

On another note I'm super happy with my eero set-up and Circle for the little one.  I've got a 9 unit and a 3 unit running side by side and it's humming along nicely!  Plus the app is super easy to flip between networks.  At least I was able to leverage eero to get a Luma like price.  Win/win in my book.  

• Like 1