RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Eero review

schoondoggy

Interesting review.  The eero systems antennas broadcast up and out from the base of the device.  When he installed his main unit upstairs in his office I think he may have unintentionally penalized his two units on the main floor.  He talked about having troubles getting them to connect or located properly.  If he was hopping from the primary unit (upstairs) to the down stairs he definitely didn't have an optimum arrangement (in my opinion).

His review was spot on from the standpoint that these router / mesh network systems are really designed to be dead simple for the average non-technical user.  Set them up, use the app and it works.  I do have to chuckle about the use of Speedtest though.  Is the only comparison that anyone is doing simply to see if they can saturate their ISP bandwidth from anywhere in the house?

Interesting review.  The eero systems antennas broadcast up and out from the base of the device.  When he installed his main unit upstairs in his office I think he may have unintentionally penalized his two units on the main floor.  He talked about having troubles getting them to connect or located properly.  If he was hopping from the primary unit (upstairs) to the down stairs he definitely didn't have an optimum arrangement (in my opinion).

His review was spot on from the standpoint that these router / mesh network systems are really designed to be dead simple for the average non-technical user.  Set them up, use the app and it works.  I do have to chuckle about the use of Speedtest though.  Is the only comparison that anyone is doing simply to see if they can saturate their ISP bandwidth from anywhere in the house?

I think the majority of home users are only concerned about there internet speed on there mobile devices so if it passes it's good. Don't know anyone copying large files to and from there mobile devices. But yes using something like 'Lan speed test' would also be good/better in testing performance.

Edited by itGeeks

That is the one thing I am seeing it may be a OS X issue, but transferring large files from my Mac to the server (even with SMB tweaks not he server they are slow right now)

I am going to reboot both the server and my OS X laptop and see what changes

That is the one thing I am seeing it may be a OS X issue, but transferring large files from my Mac to the server (even with SMB tweaks not he server they are slow right now)

I am going to reboot both the server and my OS X laptop and see what changes

I have done a full reboot and I think its an OS X issue... I am back to about 120 Megs a sec upload from laptop to server