RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Synology DS-416 a whopping 90.33 cents. Everyone needs to grab a few of these before they fix the price.

jeffmikan

Just got a call that it was a pricing error. But they are telling ME to cancel the order vs. them canceling on their side.  Debating...

itGeeks

Just got a call that it was a pricing error. But they are telling ME to cancel the order vs. them canceling on their side.  Debating...

You think? I already new that before I posted but i love being at the right place at the right time. I personally would not cancel without a fight, I would call Amazon and see how far you get with the rep that answers the phone and explain you placed this order and you are expecting to get it at that purchase price, If you don't get anywhere with the rep then ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the same. I would NOT give up without a long fight. There mistake is there problem, The customer should not be disappointed or let down for there mistake but rather ship the product that the customer ordered and reprehend the person that made the mistake. If your a longtime customer of Amazon and you spend a lot with them I would use that to your benefit also. I have had this happen to me in the past and I have to tell you I get it shipped for the price paid, I do spend tons of money a year with Amazon though so mileage may vary.

Edited by itGeeks

jeffmikan

Debating the effort.  Yeah, I knew it was a mis-priced item, but it would be nice to have a second Synology for Sync'ing.  Already have the 1812+ due to Mr. Dave's talks.

• Like 1

itGeeks

Debating the effort.  Yeah, I knew it was a mis-priced item, but it would be nice to have a second Synology for Sync'ing.  Already have the 1812+ due to Mr. Dave's talks.

You have nothing to lose and if you fight you just may get that unit for a savings of around 360.00, Personally I would spend as much time as it takes. Synology rocks, I have several including two 1815+ in a 'high availability cluster'. Love these boxes. Give Amazon a call and let us know how you make out so others that ordered can decide what to do. I call it "take one for the team" :)

cskenney

I have contacted Amazon.  First via email.  They ended up sending a message to the seller (which is not what I asked them to do) and the seller responded their was a listing error and they don't carry this item.

I then called Amazon directly.  Customer service I spoke with is also puzzled by all this and wondered why they already charged my card if they didn't have the item.  He said the system already shows a shipping status too.  He recommended I sit tight and not cancel the order from my end.  He will follow up with me next week and see if I received anything or if I need Amazon to take care of getting my money back.

To me it doesn't matter if I get it or not.  I was actually going to gift it to someone else if the chance presented itself.  So we will see.

itGeeks

I have contacted Amazon.  First via email.  They ended up sending a message to the seller (which is not what I asked them to do) and the seller responded their was a listing error and they don't carry this item.

I then called Amazon directly.  Customer service I spoke with is also puzzled by all this and wondered why they already charged my card if they didn't have the item.  He said the system already shows a shipping status too.  He recommended I sit tight and not cancel the order from my end.  He will follow up with me next week and see if I received anything or if I need Amazon to take care of getting my money back.

To me it doesn't matter if I get it or not.  I was actually going to gift it to someone else if the chance presented itself.  So we will see.

Thanks for the update. I am glad you did not cancel and you contacted Amazon, I have to say something smelled fishy when the seller want "you" to cancel the order instead of the seller taking care of it. Well one thing for sure you all have the protection from Amazon so rest assured no one will be out there money. Fingers crossed you all get the item even though I am doubtful. Please keep us posted.

Update: Chris where you able to find anything out about the selling company on the internet?

Do they even have a website?

What was the sellers name? PCRush-Outlet

Thinking about it now maybe there is hope that you will all get the product because we don't know what the terms & agreements are for listing on Amazon, The seller maybe obligated to ship the product at the selling price no matter what and that would make sense as to y the seller wanted the customer to cancel the order else the seller has to ship. I guess time will tell.

Another thing if there is any fishy business going on with this seller they will never be able to sell anything on Amazon going forward...

Edited by itGeeks

awraynor

Yep. Heck of a deal on an Amazon e-reader recently .Oh yes they corrected the price and canceled my order. 

diegolrz

I have contacted Amazon. First via email. They ended up sending a message to the seller (which is not what I asked them to do) and the seller responded their was a listing error and they don't carry this item.

I then called Amazon directly. Customer service I spoke with is also puzzled by all this and wondered why they already charged my card if they didn't have the item. He said the system already shows a shipping status too. He recommended I sit tight and not cancel the order from my end. He will follow up with me next week and see if I received anything or if I need Amazon to take care of getting my money back.

To me it doesn't matter if I get it or not. I was actually going to gift it to someone else if the chance presented itself. So we will see.

The seller has been calling me nonstop trying to make me cancel the order. I won't do it.

I plan on calling Amazon tomorrow (figured today wasn't a good idea with all the sales they were having).

Funny thing is they are telling me that the listing error was a mistake on the sku number, they are saying they do not sell this item. They have not said a word about pricing mistake.

Let me know if you have had better luck.

itGeeks

The seller has been calling me nonstop trying to make me cancel the order. I won't do it.

I plan on calling Amazon tomorrow (figured today wasn't a good idea with all the sales they were having).

Funny thing is they are telling me that the listing error was a mistake on the sku number, they are saying they do not sell this item. They have not said a word about pricing mistake.

Let me know if you have had better luck.

I would not cancel either, I feel your doing the right thing and see what comes of it. Please update us after calling Amazon today.

diegolrz

I would not cancel either, I feel your doing the right thing and see what comes of it. Please update us after calling Amazon today.

So contacted Amazon and they in turn contacted seller. Shortly after seller cancelled my order with the reason "pricing error" which is inconsistent to what they kept telling me about they not carrying this product.

Anyhow left them pretty bad review and I'd advise to do the same.

Thanks for the tip on this offer, too bad seller didn't came through.