RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Seems still no information for Gen9 MS release

Ryan Qian

I'm wanna buy one MS Gen8 and doing some hardware upgrade, but still can't make the decision as Gen8 it's kind of old,  I'm looking forward for Gen9 for long time, but sadly still no information for it's release.

or do you guys have other suggestion which worth have a try?

Thanks!

I'm wanna buy one MS Gen8 and doing some hardware upgrade, but still can't make the decision as Gen8 it's kind of old, I'm looking forward for Gen9 for long time, but sadly still no information for it's release.

or do you guys have other suggestion which worth have a try?

Thanks!

Looks like the gen 9 is like the ts140 and dell t20 but no offers on it maybe they have stopped making really small form factor. The gen8 are back to £112 with cashback at the moment so hopefully the last of them then a new one is usually released as no more stock

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Supermicro has some nice small form factor "SuperServers"

https://tinkertry.com/superservers

They're not exactly cheap, but they're fantastic hardware. 

That or check out Norco's ITX-S4 or ITX-S8 cases (4 or 8 bay). Or the U-NAS U-800 (if you can source it) 

You'd need to buy all the hardware yourself, but that's an option too. 

I'd of bought a Gen9 a year or so ago, now I'm just bored waiting, I'm probably going to Frankenbuild something between my Gen8, broken Gen7 and old Gen7 when it comes back, either way its fair to say that the Gen8 will be my last HP server...

If you don't require the small form factor of the microserver, the ML10v2 is a good value. Lonewolf did a nice comparison of the Ml10v2-ML30-ML310 in the forums.

I doubt G9 microserver is going to happen. There just wasn't any money in it. G8 is about £100 after cashback, you can't even buy just a case with a PSU for that. G8 is still a very capable machine, though, as long as you don't need more than 16GB of RAM.