RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Good case for a build?

brianmullins

I always read the reviews especially when cooling and cable management are involved. You ultimately have to decide if the case will work for your particular needs and special needs. If you have the chance to put your hands on it before buying, that is always helpful.

Reviews on Newegg look pretty good. I'm thinking with a max of 5 fans, this thing might work pretty good in my very warm garage....

CD

The case itself looks great. The only comments I would consider is there does not seem to be a front fan which in my opinion is mandatory for a server to keep the drives cool. In addition, it only holds four drives which is only a bit of a limiter for a server. In my opinion I would go something a bit different which has a fan and more drive storage. Her is a suggestion for just a few bucks more. I have one of these and they are fantastic for air circulation.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112236&cm_re=lian_li_lancool-_-11-112-236-_-Product

Well, I went ahead and bit. The reviews all sound pretty good for a case with these features and this price (mine will be $24.99, shipped, after rebate! Heck, it's gotta be worth half that in scrap metal!). Yes, it only comes with a single rear exhaust fan, but you can add up to 4 additional (all filtered), including a front fan right in front of the 4 internal 3.5 bays. There's actually room for a total of 10 drives, so this should be plenty of room to grow my server.

Too bad I can't afford any more parts yet, but the longer I wait the more I'll be able to buy for the same bucks.

CD

Edited by c00ld00d

Good luck with it. I am sure that if you add just 1 or 2 fans in the front you will be quite happy with it. Make sure you get some low RPM quiet 120mm to avoid the noise problem. Post some pics when you get it built.