RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can anyone tell me what is better about Luma compared to Eero?

Option

GotNoTime

Unfortunately which Luma node you're using is transparent and thus you can't get this information.

You should be able to work it out from the BSSID that your Mac displays.
  • Like 1
cskenney

You should be able to work it out from the BSSID that your Mac displays.

The WiFi speed test displays the BSSID too.  Thanks for pointing that out.

itGeeks

It is a sparse review. I assume the fiber system he has requires him to continue to use the router from the fiber provider. I believe he is implying that Eero works fine behind his router and Luma is having issues, but I am guessing. He states his internet is 100Mb and Eero is giving him 80-90Mb, while Luma is in the 60's. More details on testing would be nice. I posted in his comment section to get more info.

I agree with your thought on the review. I have to wonder if they really new what they where doing in setting Luma up? I also have Fiber 150/150 by FiOs and I also need to connect Luma behind it and I am getting very close to my speeds payed for with Luma depending on what device I am testing with. Luma needs to be setup on a DMZ off the ISP router for it to work correctly, I have to wonder if they did that?

I came to the same conclusions as Schoondoggy.  It was really just a relative test between the two systems and not so much an absolute measurement test.

One thing I have to wonder as people start speed testing these networks is do they know which radio and channel they are using?  It can make a huge difference.

Agreed