RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma Unboxing and First Look

Dave

It's kinda nuts that you got it from Best Buy even before the "official" release date. Still showing as pre-order on bestbuy.com. Does look nice though.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/gIxRAK5oJ68

It's rough but I don't have anything setup in my new office!

I guess my biggest issues are that things they promised during beta pre-order aren't in the release no explanations, no projected date.... I am about 1 hair from cancelling and switching to eero

• Like 1

I guess my biggest issues are that things they promised during beta pre-order aren't in the release no explanations, no projected date.... I am about 1 hair from cancelling and switching to eero

I feel your pain as many of us do, My advice would be just hang in there and give Luma a bit of time to get the software caught up with there promise. Reports are already saying that the performance is great but features are lacking. Some of this should be available in the next 30-45 days according to Luma. I will tell you Eero had the same short fall on release and is just part of early adoption 

I pushed the button. Too many flippant responses from Luma about "well the Best Buy people didn't get the price break"

Or the comment that really chapped my hide was that they have a contract with Best Buy to provide stock as well as Amazon.... What about the contract with me the consumer who trusted them and invested so they could make these?

Eero reached out to me via twitter and later email to speak about my issues with eero to which they answered every question and were polite every time.

I ran a call center for a decade for a major automaker. I know when people are sincere... And they were.

I have offered to help Luma out with there CSS issues as that's what my degree is in. Even off offered to do it for free if they provide travel and lodging.

I have run into a couple of snags on the perf testing.  It's somewhat difficult to explain so I'll be podcasting about it tonight to see if I can work through it with a couple of helpers.  I don't think I'll do it live but will get it to the RSS feed as soon as I can.

I have run into a couple of snags on the perf testing.  It's somewhat difficult to explain so I'll be podcasting about it tonight to see if I can work through it with a couple of helpers.  I don't think I'll do it live but will get it to the RSS feed as soon as I can.

Looking forward to your testing results. Mostly, I'm curious to see how Luma compares to Eero since I am considering canceling my Luma order to take advantage to Eero's price matching offer.

I would go ahead and secure a coupon code for the eero. I'll talk about this on the next podcast. Out tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would go ahead and secure a coupon code for the eero. I'll talk about this on the next podcast. Out tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip, I'll look forward to your podcast too!