RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Rachio 8 Zone Intelligent WiFi Sprinkler Controller $99

jmwills

I have the 12-Zone irrigation controller on my Lowe's Iris system. I've been recently replacing and adjusting heads. What a boon to be able to control the system from where you are working instead of having to run back to the garage. And it's so much easier to control from an app than the device itself.

I know it's not Rachio, but this type of control is great. 

Arrived  today and was online in about an hour.

Report back. It is so much easier to control via app than through a device.

The hardest part of the setup was extending the original valve control wire to be reach the Rachio mounting plate.  A quick trip to Lowes' to buy six feet of wire and some connectors and we were off.  I would advise setting the WiFi up the from a cell phone as the tablet had some issues sending the signal to the electronic eye on the front of the device.

It was also easier to setup the zones from the tablet but once it was setup controlling the APP was just fine form the cell phone. The APP allows you to input what type of soil you have for each zone, sun or shade, sloping or flat, and even upload your own photo of the zone to replace the stock photo.

The device monitors the local weather and if you are schedule to water and rain is forecasted, the program will not run that day.  I noticed we had a 1 in 8 chance of getting any rain today.

Some utilities offer rebates on devices like this, mine did not but the ability to upgrade a ten year RainBird controller for a good price was too hard to pass up and I think it adds value to the property.

• Like 1

Build your own personal weather station (PWS) and register with CWOP and the capabilities of the Rachio get even better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...