• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• dz8

• cskenney

• awraynor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personal Review: Luma 3-Pack White   Sorry, this won't be a crazy technical review. I'm a busy guy. Just wanted to provide my experience after having the Luma system for one day.   My Network  

More Updates   This product definitely looks rushed out the door. I have not had any performance or connection issues yet. Still good in that regard and speeds are fast throughout the house. BUT, af

I read your review on Amazon, You are spot on with it and you did it in a nice way. We can only hope things will get better going forward because god knows its been a rocky start. Only time will tell.

itGeeks

Earlysupporter@getluma.com

Others may work too or call their support line.

Thanks Chris, Did you ever get a response from the founders of Luma?

awraynor

Good news. The Luma 3-pack I ordered 12-26 arrived today.

One day after I installed Eero.

This forum was pretty helpful for me when I was looking in to my new Luma system.  I managed to write a cautionary review on Amazon by reviewing the single Luma node instead of the three pack, which still shows as 'not available'.  I'm frustrated by the extent of the corporate push to reject any awareness that anything could be wrong. Immediately after I posted my review, the page's customer review section exploded into a veritable love letter... Nothing but glowing, cooing 5 star reviews.  Now either they've got a product revision that we have not, or they're shill posts. As of now, only one other user can actually verify they actually purchased it.  Most the others are zero day accounts that are hyping the same tired marketing lines.  Increased range, ease of setup, and parental controls.

I wouldn't be so disillusioned with Luma if they were at all willing to acknowledge issues, or even if they were honest in their public 'updates'... Evade and deny seems to be the order of the day.  I guess what I'm saying is that we're finally able to review these systems on Amazon and beyond any forum, or any group, THAT is going to be the place where they're most sensitive to criticism, and THAT is where they might be most incentivized to improve.   So, if you're a Luma owner, I'd recommend visiting Amazon and submitting a product review.  It might help make our Lumas functionally sound.

awraynor

This forum was pretty helpful for me when I was looking in to my new Luma system.  I managed to write a cautionary review on Amazon by reviewing the single Luma node instead of the three pack, which still shows as 'not available'.  I'm frustrated by the extent of the corporate push to reject any awareness that anything could be wrong. Immediately after I posted my review, the page's customer review section exploded into a veritable love letter... Nothing but glowing, cooing 5 star reviews.  Now either they've got a product revision that we have not, or they're shill posts. As of now, only one other user can actually verify they actually purchased it.  Most the others are zero day accounts that are hyping the same tired marketing lines.  Increased range, ease of setup, and parental controls.

I wouldn't be so disillusioned with Luma if they were at all willing to acknowledge issues, or even if they were honest in their public 'updates'... Evade and deny seems to be the order of the day.  I guess what I'm saying is that we're finally able to review these systems on Amazon and beyond any forum, or any group, THAT is going to be the place where they're most sensitive to criticism, and THAT is where they might be most incentivized to improve.   So, if you're a Luma owner, I'd recommend visiting Amazon and submitting a product review.  It might help make our Lumas functionally sound.

They don't seem to be re-tweeting any negative reviews, but plenty of glowing ones.

I read your review on Amazon..... you do realize they are getting financial support from Amazon. That should not matter - products should stand/fall on their own merits

itGeeks

I read your review on Amazon, You are spot on with it and you did it in a nice way. We can only hope things will get better going forward because god knows its been a rocky start. Only time will tell. I would also like to know what this so called "enterprise security" is, In my testing there no such security.

Great job with the Amazon review....

I read your review on Amazon..... you do realize they are getting financial support from Amazon. That should not matter - products should stand/fall on their own merits

Or was getting financial support, Not so sure Amazon is still in the game? When you click purchase on Luma's website it no longer goes to Amazon so not sure whats up with that.

Edited by itGeeks
  • Like 2

I think they're shill posts.  There was one on Best Buy - 5 stars, had the product for months (this was early July) and loving it.  Everything works great.  The product had just launched.  

I think they're shill posts.  There was one on Best Buy - 5 stars, had the product for months (this was early July) and loving it.  Everything works great.  The product had just launched.  

Amazing how stupid they look when they makes posts/reviews like that. Oh well.....