RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

First Take on Luma Experience

When the rep gets back to you please confirm that this is the big update we have been waiting for that includes port forwarding.

The email I got this morning said the update will have the following new features: UPnP control, static IP, IGMP-snooping, and port forwarding. It will also have the ethernet backhaul fixes I'm waiting on. No further details on each of those new features. I'm still waiting for some type of  confirmation that the firmware has been updated. I haven't seen any changes yet. But my network is more stable for the past hour.

• Like 1
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• dz8

• cskenney

• awraynor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personal Review: Luma 3-Pack White   Sorry, this won't be a crazy technical review. I'm a busy guy. Just wanted to provide my experience after having the Luma system for one day.   My Network  

More Updates   This product definitely looks rushed out the door. I have not had any performance or connection issues yet. Still good in that regard and speeds are fast throughout the house. BUT, af

I read your review on Amazon, You are spot on with it and you did it in a nice way. We can only hope things will get better going forward because god knows its been a rocky start. Only time will tell.

And after all that, doesn't look like it happened. I don't see any changes. Maybe tomorrow? Unless they are targeting overnight.

itGeeks

And after all that, doesn't look like it happened. I don't see any changes. Maybe tomorrow? Unless they are targeting overnight.

I have to tell you calling this company called "Luma" a joke is an understatement at this point. I am personally at the end of the road with it all. Luma can't even be rite on the day of release when its the same day your talking with them. I did not get the update either, The only thing Luma should of had over the others is this so called gateway security that we still don't know if it's working. Bottom line is all devices should have some sort of endpoint protection on them and I am feeling less of a need for Luma to provide that protection so I am starting to look elsewhere for a new solution. AMPLIFI is looking very promising. Heck I don't even know or feel strong that Luma will be around in a year or two from now because of what they have done. Its a real shame they had what looked to be a promising product but in the end they have destroyed it. (Good job Luma)

Back where I grew up there was a small town bar. Big sign behind the bar:

FREE 

BEER

TOMORROW

schoon that's funny, I had that exact same sign hung up in my kitchen at my old house I just moved from and how true it apply's to Luma....A real joke of a company I tell you. I bet your glad you cancelled your Luma order at this point? What are you using in place of Luma?

nitecourt

I received my Lumas last night and already boxed them back up for a return.  I pre-ordered in December when they basically answered yes to all my questions and now finding out the product does not yet do any of it.  I am currently running a SkyDog router which will become a brick on September 3rd since Comcast purchased SkyDog and basically shut them down.  SkyDog allow(s)(ed) me to set user schedule to turn off internet access for all devices assigned to a user.  Great for getting the homework done.  I could name all the devices, see if they were wired or wireless, the signal strength of wireless devices,  see the last time the device was connected,  see how much data the device used, see how data a user used, see how much time was spent on certain sites, fine control of content filtering, they even had something called WebRover which I did not use that "The Skydog webRover is an advanced feature designed to provide parents with better ways to customize the internet access for others.  Rather than determine content filtering by categories, the webRover provides an internet portal for a user and minimized access to the sites that are allowed based on a set of rules established by you. You can configure your own list known as My Family List or you can use content ratings from Common Sense Media to determine what access to allow.  Based on the lists used, the user will see certain sites available in the webRover portal to explore." Oh and you could also port-forward and set all your own options.  I would even get an SMS to my phone when there were connectivity problems.  You could create mesh network with additional routers, which I did.  Best yet they had a web interface from which you could do all of this from.   

Arranged for return RMA of my Luma 3-pk. Received confirmation of return. Awaiting refund. Takes up to 5 business days.

I have to tell you calling this company called "Luma" a joke is an understatement at this point. I am personally at the end of the road with it all. Luma can't even be rite on the day of release when its the same day your talking with them. I did not get the update either, The only thing Luma should of had over the others is this so called gateway security that we still don't know if it's working. Bottom line is all devices should have some sort of endpoint protection on them and I am feeling less of a need for Luma to provide that protection so I am starting to look elsewhere for a new solution. AMPLIFI is looking very promising. Heck I don't even know or feel strong that Luma will be around in a year or two from now because of what they have done. Its a real shame they had what looked to be a promising product but in the end they have destroyed it. (Good job Luma)

Well that's what we get for being early adopters. But s*** happens so I assume something last minute is holding up the release. I'd rather they hold it then have something that bricks the units.

I'm trying my best to be patient and still plan on waiting a few more months to see if they turn the corner and live up to expectations.

itGeeks

Well that's what we get for being early adopters. But s*** happens so I assume something last minute is holding up the release. I'd rather they hold it then have something that bricks the units.

I'm trying my best to be patient and still plan on waiting a few more months to see if they turn the corner and live up to expectations.

You are a better man then most of us, From what I can tell most of everyone here has already canceled or requested an RMA of Luma and I will be doing the same today. I am a very patient person but blowing smoke up my a?? will not be tolerated, I am past my 14 day return policy but I have contacted my lawyer and he has reviewed all the emails from Luma and has looked at there website and has confirmed Luma is in violation and says I am in legal rite for a full refund as well as Luma needs to pay for shipping back to them. I am joining everyone else here on the band on Luma. Good luck

Arranged for return RMA of my Luma 3-pk. Received confirmation of return. Awaiting refund. Takes up to 5 business days.

Cant say I blame you at this point. How did you request the RMA? Please provide a link. I am joining you and everyone else here on the band of Luma. Enough is enough

cskenney

I sent Luma support an email to cancel. They processed it and I already have my credit on my credit card.

itGeeks

I sent Luma support an email to cancel. They processed it and I already have my credit on my credit card.

Thanks for the info. What was the email address? support@getluma.com ?