RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma Delivery Date

awraynor

I owe you my friend. Just got a reply from them via Facebook IM, The message is "The tracking numbers for your packages are as follows:"

I checked the two tracking numbers that Luma provided me and I am happy to report they are valid, FedEx two day shipping says they be here Friday :D That's two of us down. How many HSS forum members left to go? Well my fellow HSS members you know the trick, Send Luma an IM on Facebook and demonstrate your frustration with a threat to take Eero up on the huge discount offer for all disappointed Luma pre-orders and good luck.

Nice! I am glad it worked for you too!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• cskenney

• awraynor

• dz8

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like this statement.   We have delivered thousands of Lumas to customers in the last 10 days since we started shipping.   (and you are not one of them)   #stirringthepot #connectedtomyeero

Dear Luma, My golden retriever Hank is 15 years old. He still gets around but he is slowing down and 15 is old for a dog. I would feel awful if he passed away before he got to experience surround Wi

Just received my e-mail. Pre-ordered on December the 26th and expected delivery date is  August 5-11. Wouldn't be as big an issue except for knowing it may be in stores prior to then.   I understa

Posted Images

I messaged them on Facebook with copies of some of the "flippant" responses... I am going to get all the people I got to pre-order to switch to eero

Unfort

I messaged them on Facebook with copies of some of the "flippant" responses... I am going to get all the people I got to pre-order to switch to eero

unfortunately, I don't think Luma can help folks with Amazon orders.

I've already tried Eero and returned it but I'm getting it again at $299.

I returned it because I thought Luma was going to ship soon and was potentially going to be better. I can already tell from comments on twitter that the firmware is half baked. I was also getting a linksys ea9500 and re7000 for free. I thought those two might be a great solution as well. Unfortunately, they were not.

It comes down to the fact that 802.11r is really broken on Apple devices and doesn't work well with the Linksys EA9500-RE7000 or Eero. 

But for the price, I'm going to get the Eero and run with that for now. /r/eero on Reddit has been amazing. I can always sell the Eero or gift it later if the Luma every manages to surpass eero in performance.

At this point, I have little trust in the Luma folks. Selling at full price before honoring the pre-orders is a major slap in the face of the crowdsourcing economy. 

.... /r/eero on Reddit has been amazing. 

The info that 6roybatty6 provides there is great, but they don't seem to take too kindly to criticism. Still I agree, great resource.

My latest response from Luma - " Hi Richard! We are shipping thousands of Lumas to preorders weekly. We did provide about 2% of supply to Best Buy, but our focus is on getting preorders to customers as quickly as possible. Thank you for your order!"

--

My response - "with your recent A round funding there is ZERO reason now to give any of your product to a retail establishment until you fulfill your AGREEMENTS with your pre-order customers." Since this is not in your plans and my time table now is been pushed back twice I am considering leveling and pushing the many I have gotten to preorder to do the same

itGeeks

My latest response from Luma - " Hi Richard! We are shipping thousands of Lumas to preorders weekly. We did provide about 2% of supply to Best Buy, but our focus is on getting preorders to customers as quickly as possible. Thank you for your order!"

--

My response - "with your recent A round funding there is ZERO reason now to give any of your product to a retail establishment until you fulfill your AGREEMENTS with your pre-order customers." Since this is not in your plans and my time table now is been pushed back twice I am considering leveling and pushing the many I have gotten to preorder to do the same

Sorry to here Luma response to you, When did you pre-order your units & how many did you pre-order? It seems the response depends on the rep responding, I could not be more happy with the results I got today from Luma after contacting them via the Facebook IM.

schoondoggy

I owe you my friend. Just got a reply from them via Facebook IM, The message is "The tracking numbers for your packages are as follows:"

I checked the two tracking numbers that Luma provided me and I am happy to report they are valid, FedEx two day shipping says they be here Friday :D That's two of us down. How many HSS forum members left to go? Well my fellow HSS members you know the trick, Send Luma an IM on Facebook and demonstrate your frustration with a threat to take Eero up on the huge discount offer for all disappointed Luma pre-orders and good luck.

Or we could encourage them to do the right thing and ship pre-orders FIFO.
itGeeks

Nice! I am glad it worked for you too!

Thanks, You are my hero for providing me the info to get my Luma before the end of July beginning of August like there email to me said on Monday.

itGeeks

Or we could encourage them to do the right thing and ship pre-orders FIFO.

I think basically that is what we are saying when contacting Luma threw the back door. I am a firm believer in treating others with honey before vinegar, That would get you the best results but in this case the reverse is called for as what Luma did was not nice. This approach work for me but mileage will vary.

awraynor

I might try to get that discount on eero just to have a 3-pack laying around. Never know when a friend or family member might need it.

I pre-ordered one 3-pack at $250, the second at $300. Probably don't need the second one anyway, but thought better to order and return at $300 vs. the then

full price of $500. Well it's now $400 and 3 is probably enough for my house. Cancel that second pack and see what cskenney has to say about Eero.