RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma Delivery Date

awraynor

cskenney

I might try to get that discount on eero just to have a 3-pack laying around. Never know when a friend or family member might need it.

I bought a 3 pack last Saturday and it arrived yesterday (Tuesday).  I will still evaluate Luma when (if) it arrives but I couldn't wait any longer.  I was limping along and my family was getting irritated with our WIFI (critical to daily life in the modern age).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• cskenney

• awraynor

• dz8

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like this statement.   We have delivered thousands of Lumas to customers in the last 10 days since we started shipping.   (and you are not one of them)   #stirringthepot #connectedtomyeero

Dear Luma, My golden retriever Hank is 15 years old. He still gets around but he is slowing down and 15 is old for a dog. I would feel awful if he passed away before he got to experience surround Wi

Just received my e-mail. Pre-ordered on December the 26th and expected delivery date is  August 5-11. Wouldn't be as big an issue except for knowing it may be in stores prior to then.   I understa

Posted Images

itGeeks

I've been reading many of your posts over the past few weeks and I decided to register to provide you with my experience.

I ordered a 3-pack-white in early November, 2015. This was directly through Luma's website and as far as I can tell, I am one of the first to pre-order. I figured the product would be delayed so didn't go into this with any high expectations on a delivery date. I received emails every month or so from Luma providing updates. On June 1, I got an email from Luma asking me to provide them with my shipping address. They provided a link to Survey Monkey. I entered my shipping address after about 24 hours as I was traveling on business.

On June 16th, I saw Twitter and Facebook lighting up about shipments finally starting. Again, I mentioned earlier I ordered without any high expectations on ship date and always figured the units would arrive at some point. Well, all the online excitement ended that thought immediately and I became gadget hungry - really wanting to finally see these things in action. I decided to give Luma a call (on the 16th) and spoke with someone who told me that my unit had shipped already overnight and I should have it shortly.

Well the following week, Monday the 20th, nothing still. I called them back and they said they aren't sure what happened and that they would give me a call back after investigating. No call. Called them back on Tuesday, the 21st. Someone there told me whoever I spoke with last week was completely wrong. My units had NOT shipped yet and would be going out within the next 1-2 weeks. Nice.

Then I saw Luma's Facebook page littered with people complaining. And although not getting a new gadget isn't the end of the world, what got me slightly peeved was claims by many online saying they had ordered in Dec/Jan/Feb and already received their units. WTF? I ordered in NOVEMBER! So I called them again on Wednesday, the 22nd. They said there's nothing they can do, they are trying to ship as fast as they can and I would have mine in 1-2 weeks. When I asked them why people who had ordered after me were receiving their units first, they had no comment. Again, WTF? Now I was kinda pissed. Not because I didn't have these routers in hand, but because of principle. You would think Luma would reward early supporters by getting them the product first right? Apparently not.

After reading complaint after complaint on Luma's Facebook page, and being tempted to switch to Eero (who BTW is giving a $200 discount if you can show them proof you pre-ordered a Luma), I decided on a whim to send Luma a Facebook Message. Facebook has some metric they show which describes how quickly Luma answers their messenger messages. It said "a few hours". So I thought, hmm, why not? Let's see what they say. So I sent them a nice message bitching about how I ordered early Nov, and why others with orders in Dec/Jan/Feb were receiving units first. No response. Of course.

Then Friday rolled around. Sometime in the afternoon, I surprisingly got a response back from Luma via Facebook Messenger. They were sorry I had not received my units yet and didn't know what went wrong as I should have received my units already. To fix things, they said they would overnight me a 3-pack. Friday night, got an email from FedEx with a tracking number. I received the units (3-pack-white) yesterday (Monday).

I will write up a review in the other appropriate thread (since it seems this forum is very strict about thread topic... not sure why).

So where do I stand? Not sure. For one thing, Luma really screwed up this pre-order shipping process. My personal guess (no factual evidence) is that their mistake started with Survey Monkey. Instead of first order first shipment, I believe someone at Luma really messed up by opening up Survey Monkey to everyone with a pre-order and thus instead of first order first ship, it became first response to survey monkey = first ship. My bet would be that shipment order is determined by how quickly you responded to Survey Monkey. And in my case, after 24 hours, I was probably near the end of the pack. That's a colossal F-up in my opinion. But that said, I did like how when I was able to finally reach someone with a heart or a brain, things got done quickly. Luma's probably just a young company that has some severe growing pains to get through.

Want to know how much they need to grow? Well ... after I received my units on Monday, I got an email on Monday afternoon. The same email everyone else got about when they can expect their order. Mine said mid-August. Haha. What? Are they going to send me a second 3-pack? :)

Ok, review coming up in the other Luma review thread.

Thanks for sharing, I ordered in 1 in Dec and a 3-pack in Jan. I just IM Luma on Facebook as you did, I will let you know the outcome. Hopefully that is a group higher up the chain then reps answering the phone that has the ability to make us happy.

Decided to e-mail Luma about pre-orders not being fulfilled before GA at Best Buy. Here is their response:

Dear JR,

First off, we're very sorry for the delays in getting you your Lumas and we really appreciate your business. I understand that all of this can be quite frustrating as we are ironing out all the details. I can assure you, no one here at Luma, wanted this to happen or make customers feel like they are not a priority. Once we square away our shipping problems, going forward, I'm hoping that you will see this as an isolated incident, and that our customer service, benefits, and features will be better than you anticipated and make you happy that you decided to choose Luma as your Surround Wi-Fi experience. Again, we truly apologize for the experience you received and are looking forward to doing better in the future.

Thank you and have a great day,

itGeeks

Decided to e-mail Luma about pre-orders not being fulfilled before GA at Best Buy. Here is their response:

The only thing they forgot to say is please enjoy your Luma in a month+ from now after others that did not pre-order are already enjoying Surround Wifi ^_^

Sorry I just had to say it. I think we have all beat this to death so now we wait.

Edited by itGeeks
  • Like 1
itGeeks

Thanks for sharing, I ordered in 1 in Dec and a 3-pack in Jan. I just IM Luma on Facebook as you did, I will let you know the outcome. Hopefully that is a group higher up the chain then reps answering the phone that has the ability to make us happy.

Just got a response back from Luma on Facebook, Not sure what it all means yet-

"We will be sending you an email directly to you in a few moments. Luma Support"

Just got a response back from Luma on Facebook, Not sure what it all means yet-

"We will be sending you an email directly to you in a few moments. Luma Support"

Hopefully you get some good news.

Sorry guys.  Someone had to do it.  I wouldn't be surprised if you could walk into a BB and get them.  Someone needs to test that.  

I ordered it online and got it this morning. $149.99 plus tax.  Paid more than you did but I have it in hand and Luma has my money.  Fair? Absolutely not.  Pre-orders should get theirs first but I'm sure that blue and yellow minnesota company used a lot of leverage to get a certain amount of inventory and Luma caved and gave it to them in order to get on the shelves in front of customers.  That was inventory that could have shipped to you, the pre-order customer. 

Now, also consider, this is not their only mistake.  I doubt they had the inventory to get out to all pre-orders in a timely fashion anyway.  I wouldn't take it out on BB at all.  Luma knows the numbers, and they should have known the fallout that was about to be hailed upon them.  They have financing so you can't say they don't have money to make gear.

They shipped too soon and without the features they promised.  You the pre-order should not get your gear until August.  That seems to be when they would have been ready to fulfill quicker as well as have more features baked in.  They shipped too soon.  Reason? Pick something.  I don't know who or what pushed them to ship.   Eero and family profiles?  Circle with Disney?  

Hang in there guys.  My gut tells me that if the unit has the speed the software will catch up.  Now, I'm off to speed test this thing.

itGeeks

Hopefully you get some good news.

I owe you my friend. Just got a reply from them via Facebook IM, The message is "The tracking numbers for your packages are as follows:"

I checked the two tracking numbers that Luma provided me and I am happy to report they are valid, FedEx two day shipping says they be here Friday :D That's two of us down. How many HSS forum members left to go? Well my fellow HSS members you know the trick, Send Luma an IM on Facebook and demonstrate your frustration with a threat to take Eero up on the huge discount offer for all disappointed Luma pre-orders and good luck.

Edited by itGeeks
itGeeks

Sorry guys.  Someone had to do it.  I wouldn't be surprised if you could walk into a BB and get them.  Someone needs to test that.  

I ordered it online and got it this morning. $149.99 plus tax.  Paid more than you did but I have it in hand and Luma has my money.  Fair? Absolutely not.  Pre-orders should get theirs first but I'm sure that blue and yellow minnesota company used a lot of leverage to get a certain amount of inventory and Luma caved and gave it to them in order to get on the shelves in front of customers.  That was inventory that could have shipped to you, the pre-order customer. 

Now, also consider, this is not their only mistake.  I doubt they had the inventory to get out to all pre-orders in a timely fashion anyway.  I wouldn't take it out on BB at all.  Luma knows the numbers, and they should have known the fallout that was about to be hailed upon them.  They have financing so you can't say they don't have money to make gear.

They shipped too soon and without the features they promised.  You the pre-order should not get your gear until August.  That seems to be when they would have been ready to fulfill quicker as well as have more features baked in.  They shipped too soon.  Reason? Pick something.  I don't know who or what pushed them to ship.   Eero and family profiles?  Circle with Disney?  

Hang in there guys.  My gut tells me that if the unit has the speed the software will catch up.  Now, I'm off to speed test this thing.

I agree with most of what your saying, Lets not also forget the inventory that Amazon took to fill pre-orders and to be ready for GA. This was an epic fail on Luma's part and yes they are feeling the raft but at least if you contact the right group Luma seems to be shipping to pre-order customers hew scream the loudest, In this case Facebook IM. I must be crazy but I still feel Luma will be the better product all said and done. I aployed Luma for doing the right thing with me and shipped my 4 Luma's with tracking info to be delivered this Friday according to the FedEx website.

Edited by itGeeks

I decided to try the instant message approach. Just sent one off and we'll see if it turns into anything.

I decided to try the instant message approach. Just sent one off and we'll see if it turns into anything.