RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma Delivery Date

awraynor

itGeeks

It won't work for my network. No Poe and I run ssl vpn to my zyxel router. I think I'm just going to add another open mesh 1750.

It's no skin off my nose to return. It's not been opened but was just trying to help out if someone was waiting. Not sure why you say at 'that' price - my preorder was $299 plus tax - I have prime so no shipping. I'm not going to lose money to help out. Thanks.

I am sorry I meant no harm, I think its great you where trying to help out a fellow community member that my want Luma now instead of waiting for stock. What I was trying to say and what I meant was I don't think anyone here would purchase them at that price "full retail" from you because there is no avenue for return vs paying the same price and get it direct from Amazon as it would come with a return policy.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• cskenney

• awraynor

• dz8

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like this statement.   We have delivered thousands of Lumas to customers in the last 10 days since we started shipping.   (and you are not one of them)   #stirringthepot #connectedtomyeero

Dear Luma, My golden retriever Hank is 15 years old. He still gets around but he is slowing down and 15 is old for a dog. I would feel awful if he passed away before he got to experience surround Wi

Just received my e-mail. Pre-ordered on December the 26th and expected delivery date is  August 5-11. Wouldn't be as big an issue except for knowing it may be in stores prior to then.   I understa

Posted Images

I am sorry I meant no harm, I think its great you where trying to help out a fellow community member that my want Luma now instead of waiting for stock. What I was trying to say and what I meant was I don't think anyone here would purchase them at that price "full retail" from you because there is no avenue for return vs paying the same price and get it direct from Amazon as it would come with a return policy.

No harm - I'm a noobie here. I know how frustrating it is when you're waiting for something and I've even paid over retail which is silly. That's all - just figured someone would be happy to pay (actually looks like $100 less than Amazon price now) to satisfy their instant need :)

It's actually easier for me to just return them - just sucks how others are still waiting - wish they'd have gotten them instead of me but I can't control that.

Sooner then that, They have a major firmware update slated for July 26 that not only will fix many bugs but will add port forwarding. I understand it does not help that most of us has that dreaded 14 day return policy so we are under pressure to test and return and I agree Luma should increase that but I do feel all current problems aside they have a winning product. They just need to rebuild confidence to there early supporters and get on feature parity with what they promised on release and I think we can all feel good about putting our hard earned money on Luma. I will just leave everyone with this, I have had several talks with Luma on the phone over the last several weeks to both level 1 and level 2 engineers and I will tell you they are very passionate about Luma and it success, Now I can't guarantee anything but I get a worm and fussy feeling that my money is on the right product.

I received a Luma 3 pack last Tuesday. I am debating what to do. I will be past my two week return period soon.. I like that Luma seems to provide WIFI without issues. Even if one unit is off I still seem to have complete WIFI in my house. 

Problems

Everything has been working fine except one Luma kept losing signal. It was the one in my son's room and I think he was moving it by accident. I would just move it around a little and it would reconnect. Tonight I got the bright idea of deleting the network and placing the units in different locations. I had to reset each Luma. This was not easy on any of the three. None of them seemed to want to reset. Two I got to show the red reset and one never did any thing but show the blue circle. I also had to create new login using a different email address (this makes no sense). I installed the first luma and tried my speeds. I was maxing out my Charter connect which is 60 down and 4 up. I noticed good speeds as I moved around my house. After installing the other two Lumas it seems my speed has decreased. It appears to me that the more Lumas you add the worst the speed is. Anyone else experienced this?

Until they update the app and the setup I would recommend against starting over. I was able to delete each individual Luma except for the main unit, move them and add them back with little problems. 

Our house was built a couple of years ago and I had every room in the house wired. The main Luma unit is connect to a switch and I have not had any trouble with the wired network. Does anyone know if I can wire the two other Lumas to my switch to provide better speed? Is this what Ethernet backhaul is?