RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma Delivery Date

awraynor

awraynor

Just received my e-mail. Pre-ordered on December the 26th and expected delivery date is 

August 5-11. Wouldn't be as big an issue except for knowing it may be in stores prior

to then.

I understand that no promise was made when I purchased. But still in poor taste if that occurs.

Oh well, guess I've got 5 or so more weeks to wait. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• cskenney

• awraynor

• JROrtiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like this statement.   We have delivered thousands of Lumas to customers in the last 10 days since we started shipping.   (and you are not one of them)   #stirringthepot #connectedtomyeero

Dear Luma, My golden retriever Hank is 15 years old. He still gets around but he is slowing down and 15 is old for a dog. I would feel awful if he passed away before he got to experience surround Wi

Just received my e-mail. Pre-ordered on December the 26th and expected delivery date is  August 5-11. Wouldn't be as big an issue except for knowing it may be in stores prior to then.   I understa

Posted Images

itGeeks

I just got my email as well, I ordered one in Dec & 3-pack in Jan. See below for the email I got from Luma-

We’re excited for you to soon experience Luma Surround WiFi in your home.  The reviews have been extremely positive from customers and media reviewers.  Forbes said Luma “works exactly as you’d hope”. Network World awarded Luma 4.5 stars out of 5 and PC Magazine stated “The Luma delivered an impressive 457Mbps”.

At this time Lumas are only available in Solid White. We're sorry that your color preference is not currently available. We’d like to fulfill your order with Lumas in Solid White. As a thank you for your understanding, we will email you a $25 Amazon gift card.

We have delivered thousands of Lumas to customers in the last 10 days since we started shipping. Our production is ramping up and we are delivering more Lumas to customers as soon as they are created.

Your Luma order in Solid White will arrive between July 29-August 4. You will receive another email with FedEx tracking information when the order ships.   

If you would prefer to cancel your order, just click here and we will issue a refund and still email you the gift card.

Thank you for your patience as we fulfill our pre-orders.  Our goal is to deliver WiFi you'll love!  Please don’t hesitate to contact us atsupport@getluma.com or 800–684-LUMA if you have any questions.

Many thanks,

The Luma Team

Its really a shame, The last mile for Luma there are so many disappointments but I am still on-board for now. The fact that Luma is now not available in my color (Silver) plus the fact that pre-order customers that ordered after me got there pre-orders before me and the latest announcement that Luma will not have port forwarding on shipping Luma's and Luma can not be setup in bridge mode is just an overwhelming disappointment, How much disappointment does Luma think we as early supporters are going to hang on when there are other options?

Edited by itGeeks
schoondoggy

I ordered in early December and my delivery date is August 5-11. This does not detract from my interest in Luma, but if BestBuy and Amazon have deliverable inventory in July, I will be very disappointed in the business culture of Luma. There is a reason they are called pre-orders. Fill your pre-orders first.

• Like 1
itGeeks

I ordered in early December and my delivery date is August 5-11. This does not detract from my interest in Luma, but if BestBuy and Amazon have deliverable inventory in July, I will be very disappointed in the business culture of Luma. There is a reason they are called pre-orders. Fill your pre-orders first.

Agreed. Its really a shame, The last mile for Luma there are so many disappointments but I am still on-board for now. The fact that Luma is now not available in my color (Silver) plus the fact that pre-order customers that ordered after me got there pre-orders before me and the latest announcement that Luma will not have port forwarding on shipping Luma's and Luma can not be setup in bridge mode is just an overwhelming disappointment, How much disappointment does Luma think we as early supporters are going to hang on when there are other options?

You no it really floors me, When Dave interviewed the Co-Founder Dr. Paul Judge a few weeks back and Dave asked him if Luma supported port forwarding the Dr. answered O yes its under the advanced settings where we can also tune other settings with no indication of we needed to wait for that till after launch. Also Dave asked if we could use our own routers and just put Luma in bridge mode and the Dr. response was yes, Just connect 1 Ethernet port of Luma to your router and Luma is in bridge mode again no indication we needed to wait for that till after launch. Top all this with the fact they promised a FIFO shipping and the fact we where all promised our pre-order Luma's before GA that is not going to happen as reports say Best Buy will have them in stores by July 1'st and now they don't have my color ordered I mean whats next? Now at this point I will need to try and patch a solution if I want to try Luma without port forwarding or the option to put Luma in bridge mode and that could get messy if it even works, I don't know about anyone else but I am really close to just canceling my pre-order of 4 units and going back to my old salution of Untangle/Open-Mesh as that worked really well for me but I was looking for a all in one solution that would be easier to manage. I don't know what Luma is thinking but I do know that a brand new startup company with a brand new product that is trying to enter an already crowded territory does not want or need this kind of negitive press but hey they made there bed so deal with it. Poor communication to the public or in poor taste will have this type of outcome. Lets see whats next.

Edited by itGeeks
cskenney

Tooic is Luma delivery date (or lack there of). Discussions on features or lack of features belong in a separate topic.

Sigh.

Ouch. I was okay with having to wait longer than those who ordered after I did but for general release units to be made available before pre-orders? Guess they didn't pay attention to the mess that was Oculus Rift. I had two three packs ordered but canceled one of them since I have eero running great at my parent's place and my own little homebrew mesh at my place since neither eero nor OM can really give me what I need right now.