RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

N40l RAID1 rebuild issue

ingenetic

Hi all, i'm sorry before if i'm bringing up the old topic here..

i need help, i have 1hp microserver N40L Gen 7 , 2 years ago i set RAID 1 ( mirror ) with  2 x 500GB HDD, now, i want to change both of hdd, my plan is try to change one hdd 500gb with the new one hdd 500gb , after the new one hdd sync ( mirroring to new hdd ) , i try to change the other hdd with new hdd 500gb too , is it impossible to do that ?

because, i try to change one hdd with a new one  ( shutdown the machine first ) , then i turn on , there's some warning but i don't understand, than the server running normally, but afte 2 days , i'll try to check the new HDD which subtituted the old one, there's an empty space , no files on that hdd, i assume that server not mirroring to new hdd which i plug in 2 days ago.

can u help me how to solve that problem ?

Thank you verymuch .

Regards,

InGenetic

I do not think you can expand the RAID array on this server.

What OS are you running? Are you using the AMD chipset RAID? If so, have you run the RAID Expert software? 

hello guys ,

i'm running SUSE LINUX ENTERPRISE SERVER  on my N40L, i'm setting raid 1 from bios N40L ,for the first time ever too :) ,

If so, have you run the RAID Expert software? i don't know about RAID Expert software,

Please advice, How to solve this problem ..

Thank You verymuch,

Regards,

i'm not trying to expand the raid , i'll keep the raid 1 for 2 x 500GB , the point is : i just want to replacement both of hdd with 2 new 500GB HDD.

would you tell me how to do that ?

Thank you verymuch.

Regards,

InGenetic

AMD RAID Expert is the management software for the AMD chipset RAID. I believe you need it rebuild the drive or make any changes to the arrays. SuSe is a supported OS.