RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How to use P212 on MS Gen8?

Kalvin

I bought a P212 with a low price of £40 with 256MB and Battery? But after I put it on, the card could not be recognised, any idea what I should do? Should I disable the 120i or something? Thanks, the card is for my external LTO tape drive.

Sounds like it is bust, do you see it come up in the boot sequence? I just fitted a P410 and it is seen during the boot sequence just like the B120i

• 1 year later...

Maybe a bit long after topic opened, but i had the same, and for me it was the 256 mb module that prevented quick booting, and starting in windows server 2012r2 essentials. Removing it, cleared problems, i could update firmware and correct drivers.

but now i want to install 3 extra 2.5 1tb hdd's. 1 for server backup, so i could loose the usb disk, that sometimes is not being recognized, the other 2 in raid1 as extra backup for some data on 1 of the other arrays.. (Which is also backed up through ftp to offsite location).

but how many powerconnectors can i connect?? And are there people who have tackled this before, and give advise??

rgds

patrick

15 minutes ago, pksparks said:

Maybe a bit long after topic opened, but i had the same, and for me it was the 256 mb module that prevented quick booting, and starting in windows server 2012r2 essentials. Removing it, cleared problems, i could update firmware and correct drivers.

but now i want to install 3 extra 2.5 1tb hdd's. 1 for server backup, so i could loose the usb disk, that sometimes is not being recognized, the other 2 in raid1 as extra backup for some data on 1 of the other arrays.. (Which is also backed up through ftp to offsite location).

but how many powerconnectors can i connect?? And are there people who have tackled this before, and give advise??

rgds

patrick

I am running 9 drives in the Gen8 without issue, four 3.5", four 2.5" and one SSD. Power has not been an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks schoondoggy, that makes thing a lot easier.  guess I will go for your bracket for the additional 2,5 '' hdd's, and can continue building. thanks again.

patrick