RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Failed Drive Queued for Rebuild

AtomicEdge

Hi there!

A week ago, I got the dreaded orange flashing light of doom on my server, and looked in the array tool and noticed that one of my drives had failed (Port 1 and 2 make one array, port 3 and 4 make the other). The price in port 1 was foobar.

So I pop the drive out (with the server off as it is non-hotswap), procure an appropriate replacement and pop the drive in and wait.

Still have the orange light.

So I reboot the server in case it wan'ts to check something in POST again, and wait.

Still have the orange light.

I checked in the Array config utility again, and the array is listed as "Ready for Recovery" and the drive is listed as "(Ready for recovery) Logical drive 1 is queued for rebuilding.". What can I do about this? The drive should be rebuilding, and I can't seem to find any more information about why exactly the rebuild isn't happening.

Thanks for any advice!

How long has the server been up and running with the replacement drive? When the server is running, do you see constant disk activity?

I had this the other day in my mirrored array. Shut the server down, replaced faulty drive, powered up, queued for rebuild and wouldn't start rebuilding. I rebooted again through ILO remote console and noticed that the B120i prompted Fx to rebuild Fxx to continue. So I pressed Fx to rebuild. I guess that when I first swapped the drive I wasn't on the console and the prompt timed out and just continued without rebuilding.

I don't know why it doesn't default to rebuild when replacing a faulty drive.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Same sort of situation here with my gen8.  I have amber flashing light.  HP system management HP said a drive was failing.  I shut down and replaced it with an identical drive.  Status now shows "ready for Recovery" and I still have a flashing amber light. In iLO it Logical drive "Ready for rebuild"   Do I need to do something?