RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Gmb1986

Home Network Rack Builds

ShadowPeo

Damn, now that is a rack I am jealous of... Is it polite to say "Nice Rack" these days??  :P

I have an ODG rack that I have my radio gear in, not been able to find one deep enough for my servers yet whats the length on that sucker??

Edited by ShadowPeo

jmwills

Thank you.  The best thing about that rack is the entire rack is pull around 130 watts of power, less than half of what the old HP server was pulling.  The rack is really nice when I need to clean out the garage and get to the switch mounted in the rear.

Post to post it is 25" deep.

ShadowPeo

Thank you.  The best thing about that rack is the entire rack is pull around 130 watts of power, less than half of what the old HP server was pulling.  The rack is really nice when I need to clean out the garage and get to the switch mounted in the rear.

Post to post it is 25" deep.

Thanks for that info, still a bit shallow for me then.

One of the reasons I want it, is to put a 10GBE switch in the top servers in the bottom, and then simply be able to pull it out and move it around whenever I need to without having to rebuild the cabinet.

Build all the infrastructure into the properties, with the POE switches, then just connect two 10GBE links to the server sub-rack which is contained in one of those style cabinets. Well thats my ultimate goal, whether it will ever happen is another guess

jmwills

That board has two 10GB NICS on it.

pcdoc

Take a look at the Raxxess ER-12.  I have one and it works perfect for the price.  It is made doe A/V equipment, but is to the same standard as server/networking hardware.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/144236-REG/Raxxess_ER_12_ER_12_Space_Economy_Rack.html

QSpxf9Hl.jpg

Very nice.  I really like this rack.  Nice wiring job

• Like 1

itGeeks

Very nice.  I really like this rack.  Nice wiring job

Nice job pcdoc, Did that rack come with casters? I see now the casters are an option.

What model CyberPower PDU is that?

Did you purchase any options for this rack such as rails, Shelves, Ect.?

What did you use or do for wire management?

If I use the same rack as you I would probably do the ER-20 because I would want to put both my Synology DS-1815+ in it and because I wan't room for the future. I do like the way your rack looks, I have a rack that I was using by Norco but its to commercial looking for the new apartment I am in with no basement so it would not fly with my Bose ^_^

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/144238-REG/Raxxess_ER_20_ER_20_Space_Economy_Rack.html

Before you posted your rack I was thinking of going with something like this https://www.amazon.com/Samson-SRK-12-Universal-Equipment-Stand/dp/B001B84JPW/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_t_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=R5JJSJ3BKTFBQWJVMPYW if I decide to use a rack in my new place.

Edited by itGeeks

Joe_Miner

Great thread -- very timely for me!

HawkFE

Nice job pcdoc, Did that rack come with casters? I see now the casters are an option.

What model CyberPower PDU is that?

Did you purchase any options for this rack such as rails, Shelves, Ect.?

What did you use or do for wire management?

If I use the same rack as you I would probably do the ER-20 because I would want to put both my Synology DS-1815+ in it and because I wan't room for the future. I do like the way your rack looks, I have a rack that I was using by Norco but its to commercial looking for the new apartment I am in with no basement so it would not fly with my Bose ^_^

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/144238-REG/Raxxess_ER_20_ER_20_Space_Economy_Rack.html

Before you posted your rack I was thinking of going with something like this https://www.amazon.com/Samson-SRK-12-Universal-Equipment-Stand/dp/B001B84JPW/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_t_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=R5JJSJ3BKTFBQWJVMPYW if I decide to use a rack in my new place.

The model for the CyberPower is CPS-1215RMS.  I added on the casters and extra mounting rails for the back of the rack too.  Wire management is just small zip-ties.  The drawer on the bottom I already had from another project.

It's funny that you say you would buy the ER-20, I have just upgraded to the 20U.  I quickly out grew the one posted above.  I will upload more pics when the migration is complete.  

itGeeks

The model for the CyberPower is CPS-1215RMS.  I added on the casters and extra mounting rails for the back of the rack too.  Wire management is just small zip-ties.  The drawer on the bottom I already had from another project.

It's funny that you say you would buy the ER-20, I have just upgraded to the 20U.  I quickly out grew the one posted above.  I will upload more pics when the migration is complete.  

Thanks for the info. I have the same PDU as you and it works very well. I like CyberPower products, They work very well and cheaper then APC in most cases. Yes been there done that to many times so now I always spec for 50% more then I need for future growth ;)

Edited by itGeeks