RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

CrashPlan - we need a native WHS version

juzzle

CrashPlan for WHS (native addin)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use CrashPlan if available as a native WHS addin?

2. 2. Would you take a closer look at CrashPlans other products if they offer a WHS addin?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

CrashPlan's free product which offers free backups between friends computers is a great solution for PCs, but what about WHS? Where's the addin? I'm simply not going to risk my most precious data by implementing it via hack, so I asked CrashPlan "when will you be releasing a native CrashPlan addin for Windows Home Server?". This was their response:

Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline on the release of official support for Windows Home Server. I would recommend, if you have not done so already, adding your voice to our Feature Requests forum:

So, people, let's be heard! Add your voice in two ways:

1) voting in the poll above, and

2) confirming your want for this product (https://crashplan.zendesk.com/entries/22224-crashplan-support-for-microsoft-windows-home-server)

We all know someone with whom we could swap spare space (and bags of it). Voice your support!

CrashPlan's free product which offers free backups between friends computers is a great solution for PCs, but what about WHS? Where's the addin? I'm simply not going to risk my most precious data by implementing it via hack, so I asked CrashPlan "when will you be releasing a native CrashPlan addin for Windows Home Server?". This was their response:

So, people, let's be heard! Add your voice in two ways:

1) voting in the poll above, and

2) confirming your want for this product (https://crashplan.zendesk.com/entries/22224-crashplan-support-for-microsoft-windows-home-server)

We all know someone with whom we could swap spare space (and bags of it). Voice your support!

Well i'm already using it, and an add-in would be great.

CrashPlan have confirmed that they are "very sensitive to the expressed desires and interests of our users as seen on [The HomeServer Show] Forum" - see full quote below, so please:

If you want a CrashPlan WHS, add your voice by:

1. Voting in the above poll, and

2. Confirming your support here: https://crashplan.zendesk.com/entries/22224-crashplan-support-for-microsoft-windows-home-server

CrashPlan said: I encourage you to gather the comments of the WHS community to express this interest on our forum. While I cannot guarantee any specific dates, I will say that our product management team is very sensitive to the expressed desires and interests of our users as seen on that forum. More interest in official WHS support will likely result in more priority given to this feature.