RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS2011 Connector and WIndows 10

Shane

Hi Folks

My home server with WHS2011 has been working fantastic since its installation 3 years ago.

My PC has decided to update itself from W7 to W10 despite my telling it not to.
All programs (well nearly all) have worked fine and really it was quite seamless ... however

The PC could not find the WHS Server and therefore did not do backups.

I removed the connector program from the machine (thinking this was the issue and thought a fresh re-load would help)

However now the connector will not load.

It runs ok and the little green line gets to 95 % then goes backwards and says

"The Windows Home Server 2011 Connector has encountered an unexpected error. Click Close to undo most of the changes that are made to this computer"

Has anyone else had this issue, and most importantly is there a fix.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Shane

Sydney, Australia

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Shane. Stumbled upon your problem when trying to solve mine. I had a similar problem with a client computer which was upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. Same problem with the connector, green line to 95%, then backwards and same error.

I went to https://repairtasks.codeplex.com/and downloaded the repair tasks program and run it. Look in the documentation how to use it. It solved my problem. Now backup works. Seemed it was a problem with the windows server backup task. Give it a shot. Holding my thumbs. :)

Krister

Sweden