RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP ML10 V2 -- Australia

gibster

Hi.

For any of you who live in Australia there is a great deal on ML10 V2 servers $219.00 AU. Here is the link and if you use coupon code EOFY through the 6th of January you get free shipping. 

http://www.i-tech.com.au/hp-proliant-ml10-v2-server-intel-g3240-dual-core-4gb-ecc-4-bay-3-5-network-storage-server-nhp-b120i-812126-375.html

That would work out to $157.36 US at the current exchange rate. Not Bad :)

--------

If it doesn't go directly to the page for the ML10 just do a search and you will see 2 items to select from.

Hi Gibbo

Quick question. Would it be possible to install 2 RAID 1 arrays on this without extra hardware?

One for backups and one for data?

Regards

Hi Gibbo

Quick question. Would it be possible to install 2 RAID 1 arrays on this without extra hardware?

One for backups and one for data?

Regards

Hi Renny

Yes, 2 would be sata3, and 2 or 4 would be sata2. There are 4 sata ports (2 sata3 and 2 sata2) on the built in P120i controller, and 2 sata2 ports on the motherboard.

How's things down south :)

Thanks for the heads-up. Got a client who is running W& as a server and trying to encourage him to go legit. A good price like this convince him.

Yeah Brissy is starting to cool down. It's been a long summer which is great. Time to cut some wood.

Family is well so I will call that a plus.

You still driving your 50 seat limo?

Thanks for the heads-up. Got a client who is running W& as a server and trying to encourage him to go legit. A good price like this convince him.

Yeah Brissy is starting to cool down. It's been a long summer which is great. Time to cut some wood.

Family is well so I will call that a plus.

You still driving your 50 seat limo?

LOL Yeah, still driving around in circles. Good to hear everything is well down there. I miss being able to get into chat on the HSS show and contributing $$$$$$$ to the Drobo discussions. Roster changes a few years ago fixed that for good. Still listen to the podcasts though, and hear your name mentioned from time to time :)

The ML10 V2 is a nice machine, but with all the money I've poured into mine I could have gotten an ML30. But doing the upgrades is half the fun, and that's why we do it. Mines all built, full of 4TB Hitachi NAS drives.

I've got a SansDigital TR4X6G box to hook up externally to the P222 controller, and when I get around to purchasing an 8TB drive for it, I'll then start ripping my DVD collection to the external storage. Going to run a PLEX server on the WS2012R2 Essentials box and now have to just figure out the best way to rip a few hundred DVDs to a format PLEX supports.

• Like 1