I need more speed

Homer-S

I am coming up with a new question.

This is my setup at home.

AVM Fritzbox 7362SL - for internet modem and routing to all devices
2x devolo 500 AVmini from the router to a Desktop
1x devolo 650 triple+ from the router to the server
not in use: AVM Fritzbox 7360SL

The speed is very volatile and I hate to wait for hours because anything is disturbing the connection.

- bridging the distance by using both wifi routers but I am only reaching around 2-3 MB/sec
- in best case via the dLan I am reaching 6-7MB/sec

To install a wire is impossible.

Do you have some (cheap) hints for me? Maybe using a different router? Is there a chance to use both ways parallel (dlan and wifi)?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Homer-S

Gmb1986

Are these ethernet over powerline products?

Have you ruled out dodgy adapters, the throughput seems very low.

pcdoc

I am coming up with a new question.

This is my setup at home.

AVM Fritzbox 7362SL - for internet modem and routing to all devices

2x devolo 500 AVmini from the router to a Desktop

1x devolo 650 triple+ from the router to the server

not in use: AVM Fritzbox 7360SL

The speed is very volatile and I hate to wait for hours because anything is disturbing the connection.

- bridging the distance by using both wifi routers but I am only reaching around 2-3 MB/sec

- in best case via the dLan I am reaching 6-7MB/sec

To install a wire is impossible.

Do you have some (cheap) hints for me? Maybe using a different router? Is there a chance to use both ways parallel (dlan and wifi)?

Thanks a lot

Powerline adapters are notorious for being slow.  The best I ever got from any I have tested is about 15 right in the next room.  You are better off with AC Wifi even if you bridge them.  Many inexpensive routers can be used in bridge mode which is basically point to point if you want to keep your router configuration or alternatively just get a decent AC router.  Unless your house is huge, AC will out perform powerline 97 times out of 100.

Homer-S

Are these ethernet over powerline products?

Have you ruled out dodgy adapters, the throughput seems very low.

These adapters are in Germany quite known and not dody ...

Maybe distance is an issue.

Powerline adapters are notorious for being slow.  The best I ever got from any I have tested is about 15 right in the next room.  You are better off with AC Wifi even if you bridge them.  Many inexpensive routers can be used in bridge mode which is basically point to point if you want to keep your router configuration or alternatively just get a decent AC router.  Unless your house is huge, AC will out perform powerline 97 times out of 100.

Might it be possible to get some recommendations for cheap but good ac-routers?

thanks

pcdoc

Look at any of the Asus AC routers. Main difference is number of channels for speed but all of should work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmb1986

are the adapters on the same electrical ring main? By dodgy adapter I mean do you have one which is playing up eg can you remove one and test speeds to see of it makes a different to try and determine root cause of the issue?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Homer-S

are the adapters on the same electrical ring main? By dodgy adapter I mean do you have one which is playing up eg can you remove one and test speeds to see of it makes a different to try and determine root cause of the issue?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Now I see your point. I am having only three of them but I will try to find out if there is a bad one