RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP proliant ml10 v2 support teaming (aka LACP)

adih2001

Does the HP proliant ml10 v2 support teaming (aka LACP)?

I want to use it to double my bandwidth. My server has debian linux installed and it will have multiple gaming server (Team Fortress 2 servers for example.)

Teaming  won't double your bandwidth if your Internet connection isn't at least 1Gbps (I'm assuming you're hosting over the Internet).

If you're hosting onsite, it may be easier to put in a 2-4 port NIC and just dedicate one port per VM.  Like teaming though, this won't matter if you're hosting over the Internet.

How large of a network connection do you have?

Sorry for not replaying! I was really busy. The connection speed of mine is 300mb/s and i am making a gaming server and i want it to be over the internet not on local network. And also can you point me to a link how to set it up?

Sorry for not replaying! I was really busy. The connection speed of mine is 300mb/s and i am making a gaming server and i want it to be over the internet not on local network.

Unless you've got 1Gbps+ on your upstream and downstream internet connection then teaming the NICs locally isn't going to do anything useful for internet connected players. Even local players are unlikely to max out a 1Gbps Ethernet port as these games are designed to cope with average broadband connections.

Unless you've got 1Gbps+ on your upstream and downstream internet connection then teaming the NICs locally isn't going to do anything useful for internet connected players. Even local players are unlikely to max out a 1Gbps Ethernet port as these games are designed to cope with average broadband connections.

The problem was that some people from other countryes were getting low pings (people for Bulgaria for example) Could it be their internet since mine is really good?

The problem was that some people from other countryes were getting low pings (people for Bulgaria for example) Could it be their internet since mine is really good?

Yes. The further away you are, the more time it takes for the packets to get to you. It is a limitation of physics and not something you can work around. Their local internet infrastructure and what route their connections take to get to will affect latency greatly.

Do people in the same country as you with a good internet connection have a good ping to your server? If so then everything is working as it should be already and you don't need to do anything. Teaming your NICs won't help.

Have them run a trace route to you and see where the bottle neck is.  Eastern Europe isn't noted for connectivity.