RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
gibster

A little Humourous Story about Banks

gibster

Hi.

Late week before last I placed an order with Sans Digital for a TowerRAID TR4X6G SAS/SATA 4 bay drive enclosure. 

I could find no one to ship to Australia so asked Sans Digital if they could suggest a place since I couldn't order from their website (being overseas). They said they could ship one after I paid via wire transfer for the item. They sent me a performa invoice, I got online with my bank and sent the international wire transfer with a description of what the money was for as required.

A couple of days later I get an e-mail from my bank asking me to go online into secure mail. I checked the e-mail and it stated that the receiving bank was putting the money on hold until I explained exactly what the money was for and explain that this transaction had nothing to do with Iran, or SATA which is apparently some kind of terrorist organization. I submitted an explanation and am still waiting to hear what is going on.

Hopefully I won't be getting a visit from the AFP anytime soon. :)

• Like 1

nrf

humorous? more like yet another story of ignorance + hysteria

• Like 1

gibster

Just received notice from Sans Digital that the payment made it into their bank last night and they will be shipping today. Now just have to wait for a week or two for it to arrive :)

I've got to order an 8TB drive to put into it also.

Edited by gibster

Trig0r

I hope it's not a SATA drive chap, you might get into trouble, small black boxes and all that... :)

• Like 1

epicwanlink

lol was it CBA or someone ?? cba suspended my payment to a massive European datacenter that i have servers at saying the purchase is a store used by credit thieves to buy clothing and shoes..... yeah a data center.... wtf :-/

gibster

lol was it CBA or someone ?? cba suspended my payment to a massive European datacenter that i have servers at saying the purchase is a store used by credit thieves to buy clothing and shoes..... yeah a data center.... wtf :-/

It was Cathay Bank. I'm sure it's got something to do with government regulations on payments from and to overseas destinations. I'll remember next time to look at my explanation of what I'm purchasing a little more closely  :rolleyes: