RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS2011 - client restore - drivers?

Christian

Hi all,

I've just done the setup of my NUC NUC6i5SYH. It was a bit tricky to install win7 on it because the win7 iso didn't have (1) usb3 drivers and (2) hd drivers for the M.2 ssd stick.

If I create a usb recovery stick from WHS 2011 > Computers and backup > Additional client backup tasks > Tools > Computer recovery

will it then include the drivers required to enable the keyboard (usb 3 port) and the m.2. drive?

- Chr

Basically no. 

However, if you open up the client for "file store" (eg, do this from the dashboard), it will have a "Client Drivers for Restore" folder (or something named very similar). These should be what you need in additional to the USB stick to restore the system. 

• Like 1

Thanks Drashna,

I found the folder "Drivers for Full System Restore" and got that copied out!

But if I boot the NUC from the WHS2011 Restore USB stick and if I put the drivers on that stick will it actually load the USB3 drivers?

If the usb3 drivers are not loaded I won't be able to use the keyboard/mouse to point to the drivers that should be loaded.

Is it possible to slip the drivers into the WHS2011 Restore system on the usb stick?

Just wonder if someone has come across this issue.

- Chr