RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Permission Problems from new Windows 10 PC

RWG3

I recently added a new Windows 10 PC to my home network, I can access shared directories on the server fine... but I'm having trouble saving files back to the shared drives.  I've check the account for the new PC on WHS and the permissions details under WHS on each shared folder.  What Am I missing?  

Permission Snip.PNG

I was originally... but I created a local account and made sure that account was on the WHS2011 server...     I still have teh problem.     On another forum I saw some reference to needing to delete a file on the server after some had renamed a windows 10 account.... ... I wasn't sure that was relevant.. but it's sounding suspiciously similar.

Saving files to the server is strictly a User Permissions controlled issues and would have nothing to do with a computer.  Try creating as test account on the server and client and then push files to the server.

It's working on a Windows 8 Machine and two other windows 10 machines... but I've tried to set up the account for this pc - win 10 and  I get the same result each time. I've rebooted both the server and the new Windows 10 machine.  Same result.    not sure what else to try. 

What version of Windows 10 is the problem machine?  What are the other OS versions?