RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
stigzler

8 Drive Setup

Jesse_no_i

Hi folks. 

Just thought I'd share what's possible with the T20 in case any other newbs (like me!) are looking to get as much as possible out of this great little (!?) box. 

Thanks to this post here started by schoodoggy and various other posters, now have a T20 running 8 hard drives. Also fitted a front manually variable fan for cooling and some sound deadening. Best of all - all done (including the additional hard drive cage) without modding anything in the origianl T20 - warranty still golden. :)

Hi @stigzler, thanks for sharing.  Could you please tell us how you affixed the additonal cage to the bottom stock cage?  Also, would you mind providing a parts list (with links if its not too much trouble)?  You've done a beautiful job here, and I just picked up the T20 - I'd love to replicate this, fan and all!

Thanks!

Edited by Jesse_no_i

stigzler

Sorry folks - don't check in here very often. If I remember correctly, I just bought another drive cage. This had a hole or I drilled one in the bottom - there's a hole in the top of the installed drive cage. I just put a nut and bolt through there. Might have put another nut and bolt elsewhere. However, all done without modifying/changing the original casing/cage.

Sorry about the pics - dropbox just let the entire planet down...