RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SPP Installation on Microserver G8

DaMenace

Greetings Folks

I have just acquired the latest SPP 2016.04.0. Each time I attempt to start the update process I get an error that states I am not admin. I know I am signed in as Administrator. I am lost in the abyss. Drawing a mental block as to what to do. Any help appreciated. 

Greetings Folks

I have just acquired the latest SPP 2016.04.0. Each time I attempt to start the update process I get an error that states I am not admin. I know I am signed in as Administrator. I am lost in the abyss. Drawing a mental block as to what to do. Any help appreciated. 

Can you right-click the installer and "Run as Administrator" ?

I am going to try to do it with Ilo4 from my windows 10 box. update will follow.

• 3 weeks later...

the suspense is killing me!
also, my google-fu seems to be failing... do you have a link? (HP Licensing doesn't like my service contract for no apparent reason)

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• zik
      By zik
      Good Day Everyone,

I recently acquired a proliant dl380 g5 and I would want to make a project out of it. It didn't come with any SAS or SSDs on it.

I have a windows 7 ultimate with me.
      What would be the steps to install windows 7 on my server pc and how could i make it stable once it is working.

Greatly Appreciate the help and Thanks in Advance.
    • itconsultTO
      By itconsultTO
      Greetings fellow members,

New member here from Toronto, Canada. I found myself in this forum while searching for information about configuring WS2012R2E and am impressed with the value of the information from members.

Business Case:
      I am trying to upgrade a 2003 domain that services about 10 people. It hosts file shares about 150 GB in size and a SQL Server with one 20 GB database.

Conversion to 2012 domain:
      Since obviously this is a very small domain, I decided to use WS2012R2E on a Dell XPS 8700 desktop computer with SSDs.

Designs:

A1. Single hard drive the System Partition and 2 SSDs using 2012 R2's built-in RAID 1 to store data.
      A2. Build the old 2003 server with WS2012R2E for redundancy. If the XPS goes down, this will act as a backup DC. The DATA drives should be able to withstand one drive failure.

B1. 2 HDDs in RAID 1 using hardware RAID PCIe card for the System Partition and 2 SSDs using 2012 R2's built-in RAID 1 for data.

Questions:
      1. I tried using a Vanguard RAID controller but it failed due to 2012 R2's need for signed drivers. Looking for suggestions from forum members on what brands of RAID cards are compatible with 2012 R2? Obviously, cost is a factor and I am looking for something in the $50-$200 range.

2. Can 2 WS2012R2E servers run on the same network?

3. In Design A1, if I choose to add a PCIe hardware RAID card at a later time, how would I go about using the existing system drive without losing data?

I welcome your critical comments. Thanks in advance.