RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Which client is backing up? what percentage is left?

Marcos

Hi!

I just wonder.. is there any way to know which client is backing up at each time? I know that I can't tell the server which client go first or last, just fix the backup window, but it'd be awesome if I could see which backup is running in which client.. and it's progress.

You cant pick an order or even more specific time for each client to backup.

However if you go to the 'Devices' tab, you will see when a backup is actively running for a client in the "Backup" colum. Instead of it saying "Successful" if will have a % complete.

You cant pick an order or even more specific time for each client to backup.

However if you go to the 'Devices' tab, you will see when a backup is actively running for a client in the "Backup" colum. Instead of it saying "Successful" if will have a % complete.

I could see it when I first installed the server but now it doesn't show the % complete,

I don't know if it is possible to disable it and I did it accidentally or some microsoft's update did it but now there is no way I can see when a backup is being executed.

Are you sure backups are running / completeting?

Check that there actually has been backups for your clients from the devices tab. (Select properties on a client)

If you manually start a backup on a client, do you see the progress then? (Either on client or the serveR?)

Yes, backups are completeting, I checked on every client from the devices tab. It's just I cant see anymore the "% when are running" on the automatic backups, if I start a manual backup it shows normally..

Sounds like you are perhaps just missing the backup actually happening?

Or have you seen the "Backup Started" notification on a client then gone to the server and not seen a progress?