RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Xeon E3-1231 v3 on ML10v2

podilamaya

Hi 

Anybody tried  Xeon E3 1231 v3 on ML 10v2 ?

my finding says it should be compatible, but looking for first hand experience before buy xeon CPU.

Tks

Asela.

Running it right now on the very similar ML310e Gen8 v2.  No issues, plus it is an optional shipping configuration on that system, so it's going to work.

Same as the base shipping Xeon but with HyperThreading and another 300MHz per processor core.

Edited by LoneWolf

Mine came with a E3-1220 v3. There are very few differences:

http://ark.intel.com/compare/75052,80910

Do you already own a ML10 V2?

Yes, I got a ML10, it came with Pentium G3240. I planning to move my Esxi environment from Gen8 micro server to ML10. so need a xeon chip

I'm tossing between E3-1220 v3 and E3-1231v3. 1231 has hyper threading, but it is not a mandatory requirement for me. but price gap is only 70$AUD.

I'm using a E3-1270 v3.
Performance wise almost identical to the E3-1231v3 (somewhat faster due to 100mhz extra core clock) 

Refurbished you could be able to find one of these quite cheap.

I'm using a E3-1270 v3.

Performance wise almost identical to the E3-1231v3 (somewhat faster due to 100mhz extra core clock) 

Refurbished you could be able to find one of these quite cheap.

I went with  brand new E3-1231v3. couldn't find any second hand chip for reasonable price, I'm happy with the performance of  it with 6 VS.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

sigh :( i cannot find a e3 series  CPU for under $300 AUD more then i paid for the server lol

does anyone know what other 1150 socket non xeons that will work with the ML10v2 that will not blow the bank but are alot better then the base G3240