RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Network driver for windows 10

nw86281

I have windows 10 installed on my microserver gen 8 (g1610t) as I use it as a NAS and backup PC.

It was all working fine until windows automatically updated to a new build (I had preview builds switched on). Now, it doesn't recognise the network chip, so I can't connect to the internet or access it remotely (which as I have plex on it is extremely annoying).

I've tried various drivers from the HP page which come up saying either compatible hardware isn't installed or the OS isn't supported.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a windows 10 compatible driver?

I've had no trouble with the default driver installed by Windows and never taken any special action e.g. using HP specific drivers.

There is a check one can do to verify Windows system files - I'd try that.

Then I'd use the Windows RESET to try and get back to your initial working install.

Then I'd reinstall Windows from scratch.

Bios is the latest. It now seems there is no network activity at all as the lights on the back aren't flashing at all and even when using intelligent provisioning - that can't pickup the network (which makes me think it is not the driver but something else with the microserver itself). I've tried a couple of different network cables in both ports 1 and 2).

Any ideas?

Edited by nw86281

Is there no network activity on all three ports or just ports 1&2? Have you checked setup to be sure the NIC is still enabled?

I get network activity on the ILO port, but not the NIC ports. I've gone into the setup (F8) and it shows NIC is enabled, so I don't know why I'm not getting any activity.