RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need some guidance in Vwmare

aralmeida

Hello, got the server ready do rock some virtual machines but i have some doubts i hope you might be able to clear:

1-what version should i use (5.5 vs 6 iso vs ...)?

2-Is there a preferred deployment method (couldn't find a concise guide)?

When i go to HP to download the vmware version for the server, i am redirected to VMWARE and i have to create a user account.

So i created an account and my question is is there a diference between this version of vmware and the free version? (How much does this vmware optimized for HP servers cost)

Should i just install the free version and then do some configuration?

Forgive if these are basic questions, but i couldn't find the answers to his doubts.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by aralmeida

Hello, got the server ready do rock some virtual machines but i have some doubts i hope you might be able to clear:

1-what version should i use (5.5 vs 6 iso vs ...)?

2-Is there a preferred deployment method (couldn't find a concise guide)?

When i go to HP to download the vmware version for the server, i am redirected to VMWARE and i have to create a user account.

So i created an account and my question is is there a diference between this version of vmware and the free version? (How much does this vmware optimized for HP servers cost)

Should i just install the free version and then do some configuration?

Forgive if these are basic questions, but i couldn't find the answers to his doubts.

Thank you for your help.

Hi!

1- I use the HP custom 6U1 with the specific RAID driver version mentioned on this forum. You will need to integrate this driver into the image (or install it once the system is up and running (http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9602-esxi-notes/). Google is your friend. Read read read.

2- I make a bootable ESXi USB with Rufus and install from there (again, read read read)

The HP VMware custom image is absolutely free. Get that one.

And you will find the answers if you read read read. I did.

Have fun!