RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can't install connector on W10 machine

Renny

I am flummoxed.

Just stood up a fresh W10 machine and it will not install the WSE2012 connector.

It gets to the "verifying necessary components" stage and closes. No error message; nothin'

Both systems are up to date (including .net)

I have done the reg edit hack to avoid domain join

Server folders are accessible over the network.

And remote access works for the User.

I have tried the r2 connector but it does not work.

Connector install from the server says it's for W7&8 (no mention of W10) but from what I have read it is supposed to work.

Thoughts anyone?

I am flummoxed.

Just stood up a fresh W10 machine and it will not install the WSE2012 connector.

It gets to the "verifying necessary components" stage and closes. No error message; nothin'

Both systems are up to date (including .net)

I have done the reg edit hack to avoid domain join

Server folders are accessible over the network.

And remote access works for the User.

I have tried the r2 connector but it does not work.

Connector install from the server says it's for W7&8 (no mention of W10) but from what I have read it is supposed to work.

Thoughts anyone?

Try and install .NET Framework 3.5 and if that don't work try disabling IPv6 on the network adapter. Non of this may help but when I had trouble installing a connector most of the time these fixed it. I no longer use Microsoft servers so I can't test for you.

Worth a punt. Will let you know but the installer is looking for .net 4.5 or higher

I just found this, Scroll down to  Resolution (Updated on 29/07/2015)

There are download links for Windows 10 https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sbs/2015/11/17/client-connector-availability-with-windows-home-server-small-business-server-and-windows-server-essentials-for-supported-client-os/

Worth a punt. Will let you know but the installer is looking for .net 4.5 or higher

Of Which DotNet 3.5 is not included.  It is a separate product and not a rollup contained with the 4.x series.  I presume you uninstalled any old connectors?  I have seen where a hard coded IPv4 address for the client will work as well.

So I set up a static ip. No change

Disabled ipv6 ditto

Will try other suggestions ASAP

Thanks guys

Yes I tried that but it only applies to R2 as I mentioned in my initial post. Sigh. Thanks for your assistance anyway

Yes I did Sir.

No change unfortunately.

Sorry for my tardy responses but I am on the opposite side of the clock to you.

Not sure what to try next. I will keep searching but if you have any further suggestions I would be happy to investigate.

And Yes JMW I did remove the old installation of the connector.

Kind regards