RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Amazon invests in Luma

awraynor

Funny that no one wrote a story when I invested in Luma. 

Yeah. Guess we don't carry the same cachet as Warren Buffet.

On one hand they are well funded, on the other hand big investor's can hinder the development of a tech start-up.

One concern I have with any company like Luma is, how do you get your target market to be aware of your product and the issues it will solve? It is easy get info to tech enthusiasts, but the people that need Luma, do not know it exists and they do not know that it is possible to have great WiFi at home. The Amazon connection could solve that issue. The last paragraph is of great interest:

In conjunction with announcing its new financing, Luma also disclosed two major hires: Matt Duffy (ex-Sonos, Apple) as head of supply chain; and new VP of engineering Anil Jagarlamudi (ex-AirWatch, VMWare).

PS- I still despise Amazon.

• Like 2

I emailed LUMA after the latest status update email... Was told they are on track to ship by early June...

They have consistently been defining their shipment window as spring (which is defined as Sunday March 20th to Sunday June 19th).  I have emailed them a couple of times trying to "encourage" them to let me in on the Beta testing so we can talk about it on HSS.  No luck so far.

I would really like to replace my wifi in my house sooner rather than later.

They have consistently been defining their shipment window as spring (which is defined as Sunday March 20th to Sunday June 19th).  I have emailed them a couple of times trying to "encourage" them to let me in on the Beta testing so we can talk about it on HSS.  No luck so far.

I would really like to replace my wifi in my house sooner rather than later.

That's funny, I have been trying the same thing with no luck. I even gave them links to the threads on here and at one point they told be I have a leg up for beta testing. The bottom line is in my humble opinion none of us will get on the beta because they don't want bad press y they are trying to work out bugs. They know we as a community we have a loud voice and when we are heard Luma wants it to be a "positive" voice. I personally can't wait to get Luma in-house, I think it's going to be an awesome product and lets not forget Amazon is now invested in it and I think Luma will be the leader over Eero.

update: Its funny after I posted this I got another email from Luma but still no beta invite. See below..

"We’re excited to announce that two new amazing investors have joined the Luma family, Accel Partners and Amazon.  Accel and Amazon’s expertise in consumer hardware and distribution will be vital in this next phase of Luma as we begin to ship and scale.

This $12.5 million investment will accelerate the growth of the company so that we can deliver the best products to you.  We are thrillled to have you as part of the community that pre-ordered over 30,000 Lumas. We are happy to report our pre-order customers will be the first to receive their Lumas!  We will start shipping in June.

We appreciate the support many of you have given us since our announcement in November and can't wait to get Luma in your hands.  We promise it will be worth the wait!  We are spending the time testing Luma in many different environments and with many different connected products to make sure your first impression is overwhelmingly positive.  Our goal is to deliver WiFi you will love."

Edited by itGeeks

It will be interesting to see how much eero is able to improve in the next three months and how Luma performs at launch. 

It will be interesting to see how much eero is able to improve in the next three months and how Luma performs at launch. 

Yes it will but my money is on Luma, With all the backing they have it almost can't fail.