RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SPP april 2016

fastcheckmate

I saw that there's a new version of SPP, dated April 2016.

Tried to download it, but it says to register my device

I'm tring to add it, but i get the error from the attachment. I tried to solve the problem with HP support, but after 15 minutes of trying to explain to this indian guy who was just repeating my question, i gave up

Can anyone download the spp and upload it somewhere?

Thanks,

M

spp.png

Just checked on my account and I can't download it either without a support contract entitlement. I can't remember how I got the original from last year, it involved a lot of searches and I finally found a link to it on HPE's site. Strange how you can't get access to the download with a new server still under warranty.

Just checked on my account and I can't download it either without a support contract entitlement. I can't remember how I got the original from last year, it involved a lot of searches and I finally found a link to it on HPE's site.

It is initially restricted to the download ticket system but after a few weeks, it usually mysteriously appears for open download on the HP FTP site *shrug*

Strange how you can't get access to the download with a new server still under warranty.

Nothing new there. The HP(e) system for registering devices and warranty is still awful and has been for years now. Usually you need to prod the right support people for your entitlements to be added correctly.

The april SPP killed one of my NICs in the new ML 10 v2.  I had just got the thing almost patched up and ready to host a VM, and now toast.