RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Client computer update status discrepancy

Deepthought

Folks,

One of my client computers is reporting in the dashboard that it needs 1 update.  The client computer (Windows 10) reports that it is up to date.

How do I determine which update the server is concerned about and any ideas on how to address the error, so that it will not keep reoccurring?

Thanks

Matt

delete the notification, and see if it comes back. 

If it does, restart the "Windows Server Essentials" services on the client computer. These report the status to the server, and restarting them should forcibly update the status. 

I have this occasionally after the client wakes up from sleep. This fixes itself after a while. You can also try running update manually on the client. I have had an instance where I needed so reset windows update completely. I would have to dig for those commands so try the above suggestions first.

yes the warning reoccurs. 

On the client computer the only "Windows server essentials" service that is running when I looked was the "Windows Server Essentials Client Computer Monitoring Service"  I restarted it. Deleted the warning on the server.  Lets give it a day or so to see if it re-occurs.

Thanks

Matt