RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Gottria

Another setup ML10 v2 question with Drives in bay and SSA

Gottria

The SPP ISO contains the updates for all currently supported Proliants models.

Hmm. I wonder if somebody purchased it from Amazon then swapped it with their defective out of warranty ML10v2. Whoever processed the return just checked that it was a ML10v2 and never bothered to check the serial numbers.

The HP lady said the description on the invoice didn't match what get computer serial number description was on her end. I'm thinking someone just listed wrong on Amazons end or the seller listed it wrong. He'll I even had to ask on this forum if I bought a v2 of the ML10. And there is no serial number on the invoice either. The seller was Warehouse Sellers inc. Didn't really want to start building one from scratch as this deal saved me about $200. Other option is to buy a SAS to sata on amazon for $14 and rewire the power connectors. Or just keep using the sas cable out of n40l.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Gottria

Well this sums it up.

Good Afternoon,

We regret to inform you that we will be unable to provide warranty service without a valid proof of purchase. The proof of purchase you have provided from Warehouse Deals/Amazon is not from an authorized Hewlett Packard Enterprise reseller.

You can contact us at 800-601-1804 for more information. Please reference your case number:

schoondoggy

So is your server a ML10 v1 or v2? Does it have one or two 5.25" bays?

Gottria

2 drive bays.

schoondoggy

That would make it a ML10 v2. If they are not a HP reseller then they need to take the server back or they could buy you a support contract. If they do not want to help you, take it up with Amazon.

Gottria

Already packaged up and will be shipped back on Monday. Thanks again. Now over to the other forums to see what is popular in motherboards and CPUs.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

LoneWolf

Gottria,

You could still quite easily find a fully-supported HP ML10 v2 fairly inexpensively; I'm sure we'd all be happy to assist.  Plenty of vendors (NewEgg, ProVantage, B&H Photo, etc.) have great prices without you having to go from scratch.

Edited by LoneWolf