RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Another setup ML10 v2 question with Drives in bay and SSA

Gottria

Well crap, right now I'm trying to link my ML10 to my account and it's there but still can't get the HP Service pack to make sure all is updated. It's there and says it's under warranty but "Roles and Features services" the only 2 available is Contract &warranty share administrator and share member. All the good stuff is grayed out.

I had this same issue.  I ended up using chast asnd they gave me an FTP link to get it.  

It seems HP Enterprise has separated from HP and is having issues with the new web system still.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkJohnson

• schoondoggy

• LoneWolf

• Gottria

I had this same issue.  I ended up using chast asnd they gave me an FTP link to get it.  

It seems HP Enterprise has separated from HP and is having issues with the new web system still.

What's chast? I'm chatting now with them and this is a complete waste of time. Can't get it registered correctly, which means I'll never get his SAS cable replaced. This thing is going back to Amazon.

What's chast? I'm chatting now with them and this is a complete waste of time. Can't get it registered correctly, which means I'll never get his SAS cable replaced. This thing is going back to Amazon.

I called HP Enterprise support to get mine registered properly.  I converted my purchase invoice to PDF and e-mailed it to them, which resolved the issue on my Microserver Gen8.

That is a typo, it's suppose to be chat. I actually used phone to get it started and then the rep sent me to chat after he remoted in and couldn't access anything from my end, but he had no issues from his end.

That's when he gave me an FTP link to the file (5.37GB)  It is huuuuuuuge!

I called HP Enterprise support to get mine registered properly.  I converted my purchase invoice to PDF and e-mailed it to them, which resolved the issue on my Microserver Gen8.

I'm still working on the Warranty, I think I'll reply to the email with my newegg invoice.

Jumped on the HP site and navigated to warranty check, looks like I only have 6 months on the warranty, I guess that's what happens on an open box purchase. Also looks like someone has to come out for the repair of the cable? Nice little system.

I believe they are going maybe from date of purchase by a  reseller. I had the same issue with my warranty. I did the online chat with a rep and after attaching a scanned copy of the receipt the next day my warranty expiration date was adjusted to 1 year after the sales date.

That is a typo, it's suppose to be chat. I actually used phone to get it started and then the rep sent me to chat after he remoted in and couldn't access anything from my end, but he had no issues from his end.

That's when he gave me an FTP link to the file (5.37GB)  It is huuuuuuuge!

I'm still working on the Warranty, I think I'll reply to the email with my newegg invoice.

So what is in it that makes it so damn big? And how do I check if I already have it?

Update, finally chatted with someone that knew what he was doing. Couldn't get it linked correctly so I got the the FTP info and got the 5gb iso downloaded. Advised me to send a request to another group regarding the warranty issue. Also got a replacement cable on order and ETA is 4/1. I may end up keeping this after all, for the price I'm not sure I could have built one for this price.

Well, update to the udate. HP is requesting proof of purchase , sent in the invoice and HP called and said the invoice does not match server they have on file. This was been one big cluster f*ck so it's getting sent back and I'll start over and build a system. Thanks for all the help and support.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

So what is in it that makes it so damn big?

The SPP ISO contains the updates for all currently supported Proliants models.

Well, update to the udate. HP is requesting proof of purchase , sent in the invoice and HP called and said the invoice does not match server they have on file. This was been one big cluster f*ck so it's getting sent back and I'll start over and build a system. Thanks for all the help and support.

This was an open box purchase from Amazon and I'm just trying figure out if it's defective or not.

Hmm. I wonder if somebody purchased it from Amazon then swapped it with their defective out of warranty ML10v2. Whoever processed the return just checked that it was a ML10v2 and never bothered to check the serial numbers. Edited by GotNoTime