RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Serious issue with synology

alex1002

Good day,

I know most synology experts are found here. But I have a serious issue with synology nas. I have my network shares via samba and afp (mac)I have full permissions to the folders but issue is that certain folders and files inside the shared folder go "disappearing" when I check via file station I can see them. If I reboot my synology I can see these files via samba for 1-2 minutes then once again they vanish. Anyone seen this before?

Ps happens with both windows and

Mac. Smb

And afp

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by alex1002

Good day,

I know most synology experts are found here. But I have a serious issue with synology nas. I have my network shares via samba and afp (mac)I have full permissions to the folders but issue is that certain folders and files inside the shared folder go "disappearing" when I check via file station I can see them. If I reboot my synology I can see these files via samba for 1-2 minutes then once again they vanish. Anyone seen this before?

Ps happens with both windows and

Mac. Smb

And afp

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What model Synology do you have?

What version of DSM are you using?

What version of Windows are you using?

Did this ever work right or have you always had this problem?

Was there an update to DSM that broke this?

I did have a problem once when I was on DSM 5.x that broke my user account but my problem was a bit different, I could not access some of my shares at all. It would tell me my user/password where not correct even though I new they where. I tried everything to fix this problem including deleting my user account and recreating it and still it did not work, I had to create a new user account as a workaround then everything work fine. When DSM 6 was released I decided it was time to do a wipe & reload of DSM and setup everything from scratch then just copy my files back to the NAS and now everything works as expected. In my case my user account got corrupted some how after a DSM update so this was the only way for me to be able to fix it and continue using my normal user account. Not saying you will have to do the same thing but if this was working before and suddenly stopped this maybe what happen.

Things you could try - - 1st make sure your up to date with DSM its DSM v6 now and update all packages, Also check you shared folder properties under advanced permissions and make sure directory browsing is not disabled, If all that looks good then create a new user account and see if that solves the problem.

Edited by itGeeks

Using the Admin account, create another user account with the same permissions your other account had and check.  If the mew account has what you need, delete the old account and recreate it.

Using the Admin account, create another user account with the same permissions your other account had and check.  If the mew account has what you need, delete the old account and recreate it.

For me that trick did not work but it may fix the OP trouble. The OP would have the option of just using the new account and don't look back or if your OCD like me start over. I had gone several iterations of DSM starting with v4 and I just keep doing an in-place upgrade to the next version and now I am on v6 using the new btrfs file system so I figured its time to do a nice fresh install and I am glad I did. Synology does one of the best jobs of not breaking things with there updates but know matter how good they are your bound to run into trouble at one point or another.

Edited by itGeeks