RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Xeon E3-1220v3 (Haswell-based) Socket 1150 CPU for sale

LoneWolf

Well, you knew I couldn't leave well enough alone once buying my new server; I had to buy all the parts to tweak it.  So I replaced the CPU with a Xeon E3-1231v3 (the Core i7 equivalent) at 3.4GHz, and burn-in testing that as we speak.

I'm selling the brand new Xeon E3-1220v3 (Core i5 Haswell-based) 3.1GHz CPU.  This processor will fit in the following servers people regularly look at here.

HP Proliant ML10 v2

HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 v2

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140

Dell PowerEdge T20

It will also fit some Socket 1150 workstation and enthusiast mainboards.

If you have one of these servers with a Core i3 CPU or another entry-level processor below that, this will move you up to full quad-core, with Turbo Boost, all of the virtualization options, etc.

I checked eBay, and I'd rather sell to an HSS enthusiast if I can, save the fees and therefore pass the savings on.

$100.00, plus basic ground or USPS Priority Mail shipping to your zip code.  Here's the pretty picture.

xeon_e3-1220v3.jpg

• Like 1

Well, you knew I couldn't leave well enough alone once buying my new server; I had to buy all the parts to tweak it.  So I replaced the CPU with a Xeon E3-1231v3 (the Core i7 equivalent) at 3.4GHz, and burn-in testing that as we speak.

I'm selling the brand new Xeon E3-1220v3 (Core i5 Haswell-based) 3.1GHz CPU.  This processor will fit in the following servers people regularly look at here.

HP Proliant ML10 v2

HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 v2

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140

Dell PowerEdge T20

It will also fit some Socket 1150 workstation and enthusiast mainboards.

If you have one of these servers with a Core i3 CPU or another entry-level processor below that, this will move you up to full quad-core, with Turbo Boost, all of the virtualization options, etc.

I checked eBay, and I'd rather sell to an HSS enthusiast if I can, save the fees and therefore pass the savings on.

$100.00, plus basic ground or USPS Priority Mail shipping to your zip code.  Here's the pretty picture.

I am also running the Xeon E3 1231v3, Its a great performer. The board I am running is the Supermicro X10SLL-F, I could not be more happy with it. A bit off topic but what program do you use for the burn-in test? I am also interested what tools people use :)

I'm quite interested in this, but I need to decide if I wanna keep T20 or build something a bit faster.

btw, question is: can u passthrough internal DP ports to VM in ESXI, if running E3-1271 or something with graphics. I don't even know if that's possible.

TLN, I doubt it if the server does not use the onboard Intel graphics. Many servers use Matrox graphics, or something by AST as part of their lights out management.

itGeeks, i use Prime95, small FFTs if just testing the CPU. You can run multiple threads to get all cores. In this case the CPU was used so I just wanted to be on the safe side.

TLN, I doubt it if the server does not use the onboard Intel graphics. Many servers use Matrox graphics, or something by AST as part of their lights out management.

itGeeks, i use Prime95, small FFTs if just testing the CPU. You can run multiple threads to get all cores. In this case the CPU was used so I just wanted to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the update. I use PC-Doctor Service Center http://www.pcdservicecenter.com/?utm_source=pcd_nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=sc10