RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
usacomp2k3

Downgrading from HP 3.0

usacomp2k3

Restore complete...Now initial setup.

usacomp2k3

Installing the Power Packs and final configuration. Woohoo!

usacomp2k3

Everything is back up and running. It's amazing how much faster the machine feels. All that's left is restoring my data.

usacomp2k3

100% Done. Not too bad for having to do most of the work remotely from work. BDBB worked like a charm!

dvn

100% Done. Not too bad for having to do most of the work remotely from work. BDBB worked like a charm!

As expected. But good to hear.

brothercannon

I just did this downgrade myself. One of the biggest problems I ran into was the original EX470 client software will only install on a 32-bit version of windows.

I ended up using my net book for this which is required for initializing the server.

Using the netbook was a bit of a pain because the screen is too small to see the entire dialog box. So I couldn't see or click on the buttons to advance the initialization process.

I also had to disconnect all HD's except for the system drive, disconnect my router and turn off the firewall on the pc I used to restore the server. It was a while before I figured all of this out but I'm glad I did the downgrade.

It then took a few days to get all of my data back on the server but everything is working like it is supposed to and is much more responsive.

usacomp2k3

Yeah, we're still all 32-bit at home, so that wasn't a problem.