RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
usacomp2k3

Downgrading from HP 3.0

usacomp2k3

I'm going to be dropping back down from the HP 3.0 because it just doesn't give me any advantages and it is noticeably slower. I really want to do a clean install rather than a restore, but I dread the thought of having to set up some VM's. You see, I backed up my 3 computers right before I upgraded them to win7 and I don't want to lose the backups, so I need to start a VM, use the restore CD to restore the image that is on the server to the VM. Once I have that done for all of the computers, I can then blow away the served and backup the VM's to the server. So, needless to say, I'm dreading it, but it needs to be done. Any last-minute wisdom? Has any used BDBB for this purpose?

Guest no-control

I've never got BDBB to work for me, but then again i'm notorious for not being Software friendly. :unsure:

Dave

Jim is the BDBB poster child! He has wiped his box before and used BDBB to restore all the backups.

dvn

Welcome back, AJ.

Yes, I've replaced a system drive, performed a clean install, and imported data including PC backups from an HDD that I had backed up to prior. The process was straightforward, and BDBB worked as advertised. I have high confidence I could repeat that scenario.

usacomp2k3

Well off to start the process. Should be fun.

usacomp2k3

Forgot how slow it was removing drives...

usacomp2k3

Still copying files actually. Heh.

usacomp2k3

Files finished copying and double-checked for thoroughness. Going to do the server reinstall tomorrow if I have time.

usacomp2k3

Now to find that ex470 restore cd... Hmmm.