RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Fire Sale - *NEW* HP Proliant ML10 v2 Smart Buy config Pickup Only

LoneWolf

Okay everyone,

Note - This is pickup only.  FedEx Ground is like, $60 for this to US destinations, so unless you want to pay that on top of the price, pickup from the Southwest Michigan area (more specifically, Holland, Grand Rapids, or possibly as far south as Kalamazoo or east towards Lansing) is the main option.

I made an impulse decision due to a combo deal, and it turned out to be the wrong one for me.  I have an HP Proliant ML10 v2 server, with the Xeon E3-1220 v3 quad-core CPU, 4GB memory.  In addition, I am adding a 250GB never-used SATA hard drive pulled from my HP Microserver Gen8 when I bought it and stored, and I'm adding a second 4GB memory module from the HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 v2 I should have bought in the beginning.  I tested that second module in the server, and while it lists a slightly lower speed on the sticker, it runs properly, dual-channel with the other stick.

I could RMA this server, but it's a 15% restocking fee for open box, plus that shipping cost.  It isn't worth the loss.  So I'm selling it.

$200.00.  That's right, two hundred, my loss is your gain.  For the configuration that just went on sale for $329 at NewEgg this past week and is regularly priced at $449, with the extra RAM and hard drive thrown in free.  That's fifty bucks less than I'm asking on Craigslist, because HomeServerShow folks are good people and I'd love to see someone get a good box and experience some fun.  Also, if someone feels like driving 60-90 minutes, I don't want them to feel like the gas money isn't worth it, or maybe you have a friend who is in between me and you that owes you a favor, or who you haven't seen in awhile. :D

Unit has the original box, accessories, etc.  I have mounted the hard disk and installed the RAM.  All you need is an operating system, and you've got a starter server for lab-testing, or something you can build into the custom box you want.  Pictures attached.

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

kind of off topic but what aspect of the server did not meet your needs?

Edited by nrf

kind of off topic but what aspect of the server did not meet your needs?

I wanted Intelligent Provisioning.  I also wanted the drive cage with a backplane and drive sleds, and found that adding that to the ML10 v2 was possible, but somewhat expensive to buy all the parts and put it together, and the parts were meant for the ML310e Gen8 v2 or ML30, and not officially supported by HP.

It's a good server --I just had some requirements that weren't immediately there, and I found an open-box special that lowered the price of the ML310e Gen8 v2, which had these additional features.  There are a number of features that are identical, such as the dual-gigabit NIC, processor configurations, RAM (both in compatibility, and in maxium being 32GB), expansion slots, and iLO support.

Edited by LoneWolf