snapper

Untangle new price

snapper

Hi,

Noticed today that Untangle now do a $5/month or $50/year home user licence for their "NG firewall complete".

Has anyone used Untangle, how does it compare to Sophos UTM?

• Like 1

Poppapete

Untangle is easier to setup and maintain IMO and can do most things Sophos does but costs money for the complete antivirus package.  The Sophos variety talked about here is free for most situations.

Dave

I'm trying to find how to purchase it like that.  Direct link?

Dave

Wow.  This is impressive.

NG Firewall Complete includes:

NG Firewall Complete includes all of our paid NG Firewall applications:

Poppapete

Well I suppose they had to compete with Sophos Home.  Looking good and no device limit as long as you are not commercial.  Don't know how they police that bit!  Bit of work to change back from sophos to UT but it is definitely easier to administer IMHO.

texasPI

Thanks for the heads up. I've used Sophia item before but found the learning curve too steep. I've used untangle in the past but wanted more than the free web filter offered and did not want to pay the price for commercial license. I was considering the Circle device but this new pricing option for untangle will work great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

psykix

Good spot! I've switched to it. Can't argue for $5 per month!

• Like 2

pcdoc

Having used Untangle for years I can say without reservation that despite the feature list they have listed, it cannot hold a candle to XG.  Untangles base features do very little without allot of user input and it is not very user friendly to tweak the settings above the default settings.  98% of what Untangle does without purchasing modules is NAT.  Web/application filtering is very poor and not maintained.  The AV works well from what I have seen and the VPN works but the rest needs help.  The one things is the learning curve is pretty short for the basic setup but even longer than XG for a more thorough setup.  Just my two cents from a long time user who swore by untangle.